ad: portazero-1

US Coast Guard seeks assistance from QRZ Users

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W2MYA

W2MYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Gentlemen:please don't be offended-it's beyond that! If you don't believe that it could be one of us,I wish I could say,"NO WAY,WE'RE WAY ABOVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS".Evidence to back this up would be to tune to 14.313 +/- most any day or evening or 75 Phone band,almost anywhere morning or evening.It's disgusting,haven't heard that sort of language since leaving the squad bay in the MARINE CORPS.These turds should be apprehended if at all possible fined heavily es have their licences REVOKED!!Unfortunately they know it's a near impossibility to be apprehended so it continues on.This another example of how much our society has declined.Respectfully,Gregory L. Mitchell-W2MYA,West Caldwell,N.J.

2. K2HES

K2HES Ham Member QRZ Page

EXACTLY! I am a ham operator and right now I am on duty as an Auxiliarist at USCG Station Manasquan, Pt. Pleasant, NJ standing watch. I answer the radio (Rescue21) and take phone calls just like I did when I was a Police Officer. I could have been the one to answer that clown if I were on duty at the time. We ALL have a responsibility to help when called upon. Some us do play both sides of the fence.

I can't believe some of the comments made here by my fellow "hams." Some of you really need to know what public safety is all about instead of just talking about it.

The Auxiliary will welcome and anyone wishing to volunteer and there are many things we do related to communications. I can say I am proudly serving my country after 25 years as a local police officer. What can you say?

HOLGER SKURBE
    K2HES

3. KA8VIR

KA8VIR Ham Member QRZ Page

That's just idiotic. YOU, Bill Medlock, are the one making ASSumptions.

4. VE1IDX

VE1IDX Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you know they didn't?

5. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't see where the CG implied that hams had anything to do with it. Having owned several good sized boats in my native Florida, callsign could mean the boat name, a VHF marine callsign, a made up callsign, a pirate callsign, anything!

If we put our resources toward helping instead of bickering we might be able to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.