Uploading adif files

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by G1JDT, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G1JDT

G1JDT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tried uploading adif file to my QRZ logbook but keep getting emails saying 0 upload but call signs are shown in email, am using N3FJP's log and following instructions in pdf download

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The file that you upload must be in ADIF protocol and not pdf. Perhaps the problem is that you are receiving a download from the N3FJP log program in pdf format and not ADIF format.

An ADIF file is a text file with the extension .adi that is arranged according to the ADIF protocol, see http://www.adif.org . You can view it using a text editor such as Notepad.

A sample of a simple record follows:

<CALL:5>W1XXX
    <BAND:4>160M
    <MODE:2>CW
    <QSO_DATE:8>20120928
    <TIME_ON:6>124500
    <EOR>

3. G1JDT

sorry if I was a bit unclear the the file is an adif file created by the N3FJP logging program that I tried to upload numerous times,the pdf file I referred to was the downloaded instruction manual that I followed to the letter.

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just successfully uploaded an ADIF file so the system appear to be working. Perhaps there is something peculiar in your ADIF file.

File a support request ticket at https://forums.qrz.com/sc

After filling in your request comments, attach your ADIF file to the request.

5. G1JDT

just tried to attach adif file not recognised by system

6. W1DQ

I have forwarded and e-mail to your callsign page e-mail address.

7. G1JDT

Many thanks to John,Alex and Fred everything seems to be ok now :D;):rolleyes: Graham G1JDT

8. PY5MW

PY5MW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello, how do you solve that problem?

I just start to use the n3fjp log software, and i like it very much, but i getting the very saem error that you report on this post. I import logbook data from qrz to the software sucessfully, but im getting the same error when i export an adif file from the software and try to import that file on the qrz.

Thanks,
    Filipe Silva - PU5MFL

9. W1DQ

Carefully inspect the contents of your ADIF file to make sure all fields conform with ADIF protocol at www.adif.org .

The problem was that one of the N3FJP software ADIF fields allowed an improper entry to exist; this caused the rejection to occur. Perhaps N3FJP can assist you in troubleshooting. In the previous case, it was the OPERATOR field; the solution was to leave it empty.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  10. TF3EO

TF3EO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

After importing ADIF to the logbook I got this e-mail:

----------
    The QRZ Logbook has completed the processing of your uploaded
    log file. 0 records were successfully imported into your log.

The QRZ Team
    ------------

No records where added. My ADIF contains ca 270 QSOs.

So are RUMped 3.2.4 ADIF files not supported?

TF3EO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.