ad: GNOHF-1

Uploading .adi file to /P logbook

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N6REK, Sep 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. N6REK

N6REK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was on vacation working portable last week and logged all my contacts in my HRD Logbook as N6REK/P. I attempted to export those contacts in a .adi file and import them into my N6REK/P QRZ logbook, selecting N6REK/P as the destination in QRZ as I selected <import>. Instead these contacts wound up in my regular N6REK logbook. How can I transfer them or make sure the .adi file get imported into my /P QRZ logbook?
    Thanks,
    Bob N6REK

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There is no record of any recent attempt to import a file into your N6REK/P Logbook; the last attempt was UTC June 13 and it was successful (file: so-50.adi).

On the other hand there were two successful attempts on UTC Sep 6 to import the file PF2019.ADI into your N6REK Logbook.

These can be viewed at SETTINGS then File Import/Export History then View Report.

The ADI files might be lacking the ADI field STATION_CALLSIGN (see: http://www.adif.org/310/ADIF_310.htm#QSO_Field_STATION_CALLSIGN)
    This field directs the QSO record into a logbook that matches the field data. If this field contains N6REK/P, it would have been rejected by the N6REK logbook.

To manually import a file:
    Open the correct logbook (you may have inadvertently imported into the wrong logbook)
    Click on SETTINGS then IMPORT
    Browse for file and import it

Check result under File Import/Export History

In the event you are relying on HRD to perform the import using an API developed by them, contact HRD for support.

3. AG7KO

AG7KO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How about importing logs from LOTW into QRZ from the HPM150 contest last week where I appended my call with /150? Those contacts are showing as an error when I import from LOTW to the QRZ log book.

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Typical error:

"W5YO/150 2019-09-07 17:12:00 20M 14.24000 SSB You either do not have access to a logbook with the callsign 'AG7KO/150', or the QSO Date is outside the date range of that logbook."

You are trying to import QSOs made using the callsign AG7KO/150 into the logbook for callsign AG7KO; the logbook for callsign AG7KO/150 does not exist. To create it select New Logbook.

AG7KO likes this.
  5. AG7KO

Thank you for that information. I had that epiphany at about 2 this morning (I think best in my sleep by the way). I'll create that logbook in QRZ and see if they import that way. Thank you again for the tip on this!!

6. AG7KO

I established the logbook AG7KO/150. I have a LoTW key stored on my computer. I selected that key to establish a connection for QRZ to LoTW (there is no password for the exchange with LoTW and QRZ), I get this error "The LoTW Certificate/Key you provided is invalid." Could it have something to do with the dates of the certificate log entries ending on 9/8/19? Also when I try to upload an ADI file it shows them imported to the AG7KO/150 QRZ log book, and the confirmation email says they uploaded to the log, however I do not have any entries in my log for call sign AG7KO/150. Thanks for your help. I hope to not be a bother about this in the future.

7. W1DQ

8. AG7KO

The in your reply above is the file I uploaded when the first errors came in. Subsequent uploads since then have the callsign error corrected. Those upload without error (and now show as duplicate entries), however when I go into the QRZ logbook for AG7KO/150 none of those imported entries show up in that logbook, however last I checked there are two entries I'm assuming came from other hams making entries that confirmed through the normal QRZ confirmation process that did make it into that logbook AG7KO/150. Another note I see is the message I get in the email notes that the files were uploaded into the AG7KO logbook, not the AG7KO/150 logbook, even when I import the adi file while on the AG7KO/150 logbook import page. See the message below from the email response I received:

QRZ has completed the import processing of your logbook file.

File name: ARRL-HPM150.txt (369 records)

Destination Book(s):
    "AG7KO Logbook" (193078) Note this is not AG7KO/150 Logbook even though the import on QRZ was performed in the AG7KO/150 logbook.

Started on: Tue Sep 10 16:59:28 2019
    Finished on: Tue Sep 10 16:59:33 2019

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------ Book Breakdown --------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Book: "AG7KO Logbook" (193078)

Import Results:

0 QSO's were inserted
    307 duplicates were replaced
    62 duplicates ignored
    0 errors.

So I guess what I am finding after looking at this in more detail is how do I import the adi file from my logging program into the AG7KO/150 logbook and not the AG7KO logbook?

Thanks again for your help.

Scott

9. W1DQ

You have several issues. Perhaps the "second" issue may resolve the entire problem as the event is over.

First, if you are using a different logging program to handshake with QRZ, that system developer has written an API (application program interface) and, if there are API sourced handshake problems, only that developer can resolve them.

Second, to work around such API, export the desired QSO records in the form of an ADI file directly from your logging program to your computer desktop. Then:
    Open your logbook
    Select the target logbook
    Click on SETTINGS then Import
    Select ADI file and import it

Third, as mentioned, your ADI file should have the proper Station Callsign and/or Operator fields. The field data must match the logbook’s callsign. One of your recent ADI files lacked the Station Callsign field and apparently had Scott in the Operator field rather than the target logbook’s callsign; Scott is not a proper entry as the Operator field must be a callsign. This needs to be sorted out with the ADI file source.

Fourth, your AG7KO/150 logbook has yet to have its LoTW Access enabled. This is only necessary should you wish to utilize QRZ’s LoTW upload/download features. As to LoTW Certficate issues relating to /150, refer to the bottom area of
    http://www.arrl.org/hpm150-birthday-celebration

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 3:07 PM
  10. AG7KO

Found the problem to all of this. When I initially got my LOTW certificate for the HPM150 contest the original certificate incorrectly had my old call sign instead of my newer Extra call sign, so I had two certificates for the HPM150 contest. I imported the valid LOTW certificate into QRZ under AG7KO/150 and all is well now. Thank you again for all of your assistance. I appreciate it very much. 73! Scott

W1DQ likes this.