Upload Status

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by W7WRJ, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Please keep trying - New Fixes have been Installed

Folks,

Please accept my apologies for not being able to attend to these bugs as quickly as I would like. As you know, I've been on the road and my schedule has been intense. Right now I'm sitting in a campground, using my laptop and a public WiFi system to work on the server. Don't worry, everything is encrypted here!

I just found a problem with the upload server code and have installed a fix that I believe will take care of it. Please try again to upload your ADIF files. The nature of the last error was such that the server could not contact the database and thus was unable to send any error messages on failure. This has been corrected but it needs a workout. Please give it another try!

As a rule of thumb, if you uploaded your file and the server indicated that you were #1 in the queue, and you did not hear back within 1 hour, then there was probably an issue. If your upload file wasn't huge (10's of 1000's of QSO's) then it's okay to try a second upload after about an hour.

Please don't fear that I will abandon this project. I will not. I will be returning to full time programming and debugging in September. Until then, I will do my best to make sure that the core features work as they should, as time permits. It's hard to drive and program at the same time and I'm the only driver. Please bear with me. It will get better.

Thanks for your continued patience.

-fred

2. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good timing on my part. Made 2 contacts tonight - 12m to New Zealand and the op was booming in as well as a 10m contact to Honduras who was booming in. I uploaded both via an ADIF upload and it was processed with 2 mins and shows in my log. Seems to be working for me.

David - K2DSL

3. AA8IA

AA8IA Subscriber QRZ Page

I just uploaded a couple thousand and it took a minute or less for it to show up in the logbook and mine was the only one in the queue after I submitted it. So it seems to be zipping along quite nicely now.

Thanks

Mike

4. W7WRJ

W7WRJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The Log Book Uploading is working

Just to let everyone know that I've received an email from Fred, and he is busy working away at improving the Log Book, even while on vacation. I've just uploaded 874 contacts and it was posted to my log within 5 minutes and I received the email after uploading within seconds. Thanks for all the hard work Fred.

73's,

Mike
    KE7WRJ

5. KF7CSO

KF7CSO Ham Member QRZ Page

Less than a minute wait with 1 in queue. Great work. Thanks.

6. VA3FS

VA3FS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How about someone from QRZ letting us know if its even working, if it is out of service and can't be that hard to remove the upload option until they get the bugs worked out.

7. K7FED

K7FED Ham Member QRZ Page

I just uploaded about 700 contacts and it processed in less than a minute. Looks like you fixed it Fred. :)

8. VA3FS

I just tried again and here is what was emailed to me. This same file has been uploaded to other sites with no problem.

The QRZ Logbook has completed the processing of your uploaded
    log file. 0 records were successfully imported into your log.

The QRZ Team

9. VA3FS

Just tried again and it works, so my test file posted

Thank you Fred

10. KG6MZS

KG6MZS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It isn't a matter of naiveté, it is a matter of fact: what everybody is bitching about is free. Namely uploading contacts into one's logbook.

Do you really expect these guys to print and mail a certificates for free?! As I said the sense of entitlement these days is utterly astounding.

Keep up the good work QRZ. Thank you.

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.