Upload Status

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by W7WRJ, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W7WRJ

W7WRJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nothing in Log here

Well I uploaded the day I started this tread and still don't have anything in the log. I'll guess I'll get back on the radio and make some more contacts, keep loading them to LoTW and EQSL and I'll check back here in a couple of weeks to see if things are working then.

73's,
    Mike
    KE7WRJ

2. NK1X

NK1X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Uploads Still Not Working

I have tried uploading my log in ADIF Standard and ADIF 1.0 formats, each time I received a message there was only 1 log in the queue. I did not receive confirmation emails either time and nothing was added to my logbook (I did try the BlueBook, refresh, and filters.)

I hope this information may help in the debugging. Hope you are all able to sort this out soon.

3. WB4K

WB4K Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok like I said yesterday lets reveiw the numbers

Yeasterday the log book showed:
    The QRZ Logbook contains 262370 QSO's from 7928 users reporting 62261 unique stations.

This morning the log book showed
    The QRZ Logbook contains 263011 QSO's from 7995 users reporting 62363 unique stations.

These numbers are available at the bottom of your log.

That is a net gain of only 641 qsos from a gain of 67 new users and new 102 new stations.

641 new qsos total added to the server over night? We are not being informed of what is really going. The upload is not working! Why not just say so.

Plan and simple the upload is not working. Something has happened and I guess Fred wants to keep it to his self.

4. W8ZZU

W8ZZU Ham Member QRZ Page

...as I posted in another post "The support and the information for the logbook portion of QRZ.com has been lackluster at best. I have questions and problems that I posted almost a month ago with no response from anyone. Having patience is fine, it would just be nice to be notified of any problems so that everyone is not left in the dark for days wondering what is going on. "

...it would be nice to have a quick post saying that something is broke and it is being worked on. There are hundreds of posts here with questions and problems all with no response <shrug>

5. KD8GNC

KD8GNC Ham Member QRZ Page

The thing that is most worrisome, to me, is that I fear that this lack of response is going to carry over to actual day to day operations. This was the reason that I stopped donating to eQSL....Zero response to problems with the Database operation. I had hoped this online logbook would have been different and would have been worth supporting. Apparently not.

I think I'll just stick with LotW and eQSL. I don't need this.

KD8GNC

6. KG6MZS

KG6MZS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yikes! The sense of entitlement in here is rather astounding. This is ultimately a free service. I choose to subscribe, but that is just my choice. These guys never promised me a logbook feature when I paid. Anything in that department is just gravy. I can be as patient as need be and I am certainly not going to judge the feature until it has been up an running as long as LoTW and eQSL. BTW LoTW STILL tells me my perfectly valid certificate is expired and I have to set the clock back a year to load it. I'm not going to cut of my nose to spite my face and stomp off mad there because Newington doesn't seem to want to acknowledge this problem. YGWYPF.

FYI QRZ folks; I've had two uploads in the queue for over 3 days with no joy.

7. WB4K

WB4K Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty naive of you to think that QRZ is going invest the money to do all this for free. I bet when it is complete the awards or plaques will be as much as the arrl or eqsl. Fred will hopefully show a profit. I am all for it. Fred has done a good job with the site.

The problem in this instance is I would like to know when I am a guinea pig. When your beta testing your expectations and approach is different. I thought that when the log upload became active and I experenced a problem Fred or a Mod should have addressed it. After all I thought it had already been beta tested by the mods. They should be in the know.
    But no one did. All of us who down loaded our logs thought that maybe there was a problem with the files we uploading. Mean while a Mod posted I download my file and just a few minutes it showed up another one said click on the blue book and that did not work so it added to the confusion.

The point of this tread was to get help and information from qrz (fred) on the problems we were having. When that did not happen it turned to the lack of communication from QRZ.com. People were downloading there logs over and over. The only sense of entitlements I have sir, is good service when I need it.

8. KD8GNC

KD8GNC Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think it's a "sense of entitlement", OM. It's just that the lack of response is an indication of the level of support in the future and that affects my decision to use it. LotW and eQSL have their issues as well, but why would I choose to add to my headaches with another system? Is there an over-whelming benefit to adding it to my list of online logs? QRZ is a great site and I pay for some of it's benefits. But my thinking at this point is that it is not worth my time. I'm not demanding they fix it to my liking, I'm simply deciding not to use it at this time.

If they get the bugs worked out, maybe I'll reconsider. If HRD supports it, all the better (for me). But for now, I'll let all of you non-beta testers play with it.;)

9. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

GNC:

Fred is currently "on the road" per his post in the News Section. There was a great deal of work behind the scenes by Fred to get the logbook on-line. He's aware of the problem and will continue to work on it. No doubt, that will be much easier once he returns home.

If I was a smart as Fred, *I* would fix it.

Alas, I'm not. Patience, my friend!!

...........Bob

10. VE3XMS

VE3XMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't feel bad

Ya don't think its working, I am tired of trying to upload my book it just does not work and yes I clicked the big blue button 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.