ad: dxeng

Upgraded to macOS Sierra Yet?

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by N0TZU, Oct 6, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

So far, so good except that Tech Tools Pro won't run on it; it's the waiting game until they release a patch to make it Sierra-compliant.

My machine's running a little slower since Sierra is more of a processor/memory hog than El Capitan. The slowdown mostly affects Parallel's (v12.x) performance so I may have to tweak its settings to see if I can make the most of the new OS, which I pruned already.

I disabled SIRI--I have no need for it, but I did have a little fun with it after having just installed Sierra. When she signed herself on and asked, "What can I do for you today?", I impishly said aloud, "SIRI, shut the f*** up."

Her reply? "That wasn't very nice."

2. KM5BOR

KM5BOR Ham Member QRZ Page

My newer 5k iMac had no problem but a year older iMac would no update the software and I had a terrible time getting it back to the original software. Like anything you roll the dice and you take your chances.
    Glad to see a mac chat room here for hams too first time posting here.

3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just upgraded my 2013 iMac and late 2012 Mac Mini without any problems.

4. W9FTV

W9FTV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a 2008 Aluminum MacBook you insensitive person!
    So, I installed linux :p

5. AB0XE

AB0XE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No problems here, went smooth. Using MacLogger DX and FLDigi.. all works good

6. W9CLL

W9CLL Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes with no issues at all.

7. K3JRZ

K3JRZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not yet. I have an early 2009 iMac. It can't be upgraded to Sierra. I'm currently waiting for the new iMacs to come out. I'm not into buying last years model.