Upgraded to macOS Sierra Yet?

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by N0TZU, Oct 6, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Has anyone here tried it yet? Any problems?

2. KG5RZ

KG5RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Downloaded and installed with no problems. Haven't turned on Siri yet. No issues with any previously installed software or apps.

3. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

No problems at all here. The upgrade went smoothly and everything functioned perfectly. If it worked in El Capitan, it will work in Sierra.

4. EA3HOE

EA3HOE Ham Member QRZ Page

TS-590 and SDRPlay drivers here and no issues whatsoever. Don't see the difference with El Capitan though... Basically upgraded because Apple wanted me to.

5. K8AJS

K8AJS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't upgraded yet to MacOS 10.12. My holdup? My Brother HL-5240 laser printer that I use almost daily has no compatible drivers for MacOS 10.12. I'm waiting for Brother's announced new Full Driver & Software package which is supposed to be released in late November, to see if my printer will be supported. If not? Well, I haven't seen anything in Sierra that is something I really need [shrug].

6. WV8A

WV8A Ham Member QRZ Page

MBPro 15" (late 2011) on Sierra 10.12. No problems with the update or applications.

7. K8AJS

Brother has released a new set of printer drivers, compatible with MacOS 10.12. I've downloaded and installed them on my MacBook Pro. Now I'll go ahead with the Sierra upgrade, I don't know of anything else I'm running or using that has any problem with MacOS 10.12.

8. K8AJS

I spoke too soon. Looking at the chart, Brother's new driver package still doesn't cover the HL-5240. I guess I'm still not upgrading, maybe will have to buy a new printer. The situation being what it is, I'm going to be really hesitant to buy another Brother...:-(

9. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Previously I would've recommended you look at Samsung printers which have excellent macOS/OS X support, but they just got bought by HP. Following HP's recent debacle with the inkjet printer firmware "fix" that prevented people from using non-HP cartridges (https://consumerist.com/2016/09/21/...s-printers-reject-third-party-ink-cartridges/), I don't think I'd recommend them any longer.

10. N4CYA

N4CYA QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No issues/problems here.