Wanted UHF gear for mmdvm repeater system

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by NO7Y, Jan 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. NO7Y

NO7Y Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the controller on the way. Would like to find more robust radios to use, then the ones I have. Maybe outdated commercial rigs, etc. Also searching out cans/duplexers (probably end up getting a set from amazon, but if cheap other place, that is plus :")

The keyword here is cheap.

I am located in Salem, Or.

Thanks,
    NO7Y

2. N8PC

N8PC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

tyt th 9000 d UHF radios $130.00 ea from R&L. easy to setup as a repeater. jumper from Digi-key and 9 pin connector for radio to interface to controller. everything else built inside radio I run 2 of these with an SCOM 7330 controller. and 2 vhf version for my 2 meter repeater

W5ADB likes this.
  3. N9AGC

N9AGC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

don't bother with chinese cheapies...Plenty of heavy duty Motorola CDMs around that are built like tanks.

4. N8PC

Motorola CDM'S are not cheap and the software is outdated for the use of computers today. they use old dos and not new windows compatible.

5. N9AGC

N9AGC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not true at all. Prices are in the same $125-150 price range as the Chinese plastic AND can be programmed with Windows. I do it all the time!

6. N8PC

and the software costs how much? mine came with the software for free along with programing cable.

7. NO7Y

NO7Y Ham Member QRZ Page

I run Linux, I do have a Windows 10 machine I keep in the corner that has DOS box installed. Worse case I can machine program, if need be. I would not mind a Mot radio, Kenwood, commercial rigs are fine. (I have a Kenwood commercial 2 meter radio I use daily, was hoping to use it, alas no 2 meter freq pairs available for use in area).

The key part here is cheap.

8. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think I would look for a UHF GM300 or M120. They have a connector on the back that accesses the discriminator and modulator, so they would interface pretty easily. They are older units, but can be found for around $50 or so. They make a 25w and a 40w variety, but I would get the 25w if you can find it, and run it at about 10 watts, and put a fan on it.

9. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.