TYT TH-9800 Repair

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by KI6PTN, Dec 15, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ7DEI

KJ7DEI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a TYT TH 9800 and the right side select button which transfers the microphone use, does not work. It seemed to have happened almost overnight. The left side microphone select where I am stuck is ok and I can use the microphone to transmit. Ideas, suggestions, or opinions?

2. KD5OQS

KD5OQS Ham Member QRZ Page

My TYT th-9800 after 5 years stop transmitting on all bands , like the kd9hwk open my repeater around 100' distance , I open the radio and look fine
    I don't know if warranty take care after 5 years

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

No.

Not unless you bought it on Amazon and got the extended warranty.

4. KI6PTN

KI6PTN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey all. Just realized people asked question about my posts, but thread alerts were going to my spam folder. my radio died about a year after sending it for repair. I also need to make a correction. DHL shipping cost to China was $135 not $35. Service support turned it around pretty quick though, so I was happy there. Here is the email address I used to communicate with them. service@tyt888.com
    they required DHL shipping saying they would have trouble with Customs if sent any other way.
    i will not be shipping it back to China for another repair. At this point, based on what I originally paid for the radio w/ shipping, along with shipping via DHL for repairs, I could buy 2 more at current prices. That bring said, I’m not going to buy another one of these. I was excited about the possibilities of a cheaper radio, but the quality is just not there.
    If anyone wants mine for parts, I’d be happy to send it to you for a small fee plus shipping.