TYT TH-9000D Locked Up

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by AD7BF, Feb 29, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WD4OIM

WD4OIM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a 440 Mhz model that did the exact same thing. I tried everything under the sun to get it going again but had no luck. I have 3 of the 2 meter rigs and a 220 rig, so I guess I now have a spare mike and a few other parts. If I knew which reset pin to short to ground I'm pretty sure it would fire right back up.

2. AMIR20GOOD

AMIR20GOOD QRZ Member

hello
    i have found the problem(the radio hang and does not work ) every one to know plz contact my email
    amir20good@gmail.com
    best kind amir

3. F4FXL

F4FXL Ham Member QRZ Page

4. AD7BF

AD7BF Ham Member QRZ Page

I apologize to those watching this thread for the long wait on information leading to a fix on this. Up until recently I've been too busy with work to dig into my radio again but hope to have some time to do that in the next couple of weeks (or three). When/if I make some headway, I will certainly post an update.

5. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like moisture got in the front, control panel and caused corrosion,at least what I see in the picture.

6. AD7BF

AD7BF Ham Member QRZ Page

What you see that looks like corrosion is actually some kind of residue from the flux and/or conformal coat the manufacturer used. There was never an opportunity for moisture to enter the radio in the time I owned it. I purchased it new and it was never installed in a vehicle and was never used in an outdoor environment. It spent all of its operational days inside in a warm dry house. I tried cleaning the circuit board numerous times both with isopropanol and with Flux-Off, to no avail.

Eric AD7BF

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

It looks like that radio control head has a 4 pin jtag connector location. :)

8. F4FXL

F4FXL Ham Member QRZ Page

KA9JLM likes this.
  9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

F4FXL likes this.
  10. N5MRG

N5MRG Ham Member QRZ Page

Add another TH-9000 to the TU list. I've been using two as a repeater on 220 for the past year and a half. I've seen this these radios TX full power out for over 14 hours yet they will fail in this "locked up" mode just sitting idle.
    This evening I will tear it down and check the 5V at the cpu per F4FXL's suggestion. Jumpering emittor to collector of the sw transistor works fine for me as it will never get turned off anyways.