TS-590

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by AA0V, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-innov
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-rl
  1. AA0V

AA0V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am seeing what I think is an unusually large number of posts selling the TS-590. Does anyone know what's up with that?

2. W3END

W3END XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Most likely they're planning to purchase the new TS-990 the price has been announced at $7999.00.

3. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know, but I would love to have one. They are excellent radios. Of course there are 590 haters out there. It's actually comparable to the k3 with better audio....

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Subscriber QRZ Page

Links please as I see None in recent Swaplist

5. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I really don't see it at all - where can I find these cheap TS-590's? I checked the three dealers I most commonly check and there were ZERO there. I looked at the first 100 ads on QTH and of those, there were three 590's - one that is pending sale, one that was listed yesterday, and a third one that someone is selling for parts (don't know why - perhaps they ran it over with their car or it was hit by lightning?). I'd say that there were more of about every rig I can think of than TS-590's. Some people do buy rigs and then decide they just don't like them, and sometimes the performance numbers don't tell the whole story.

I certainly do see some used bargains out there right now. It always happens when I am broke.

6. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

They have been that way since they were first released being sold from a week to 2 months old, I know for a fact that I have saw no less than a 100 of them for sale from the beginning. I think if you look on all the boards today you will find 3 or 4 for sale all very new units. For the amount of those units sold way to many new units back up for sale.

I had mine for 3 weeks before I sold it bad problem with transmitter overshoot to amp. Kenwood still doesn't want to talk about it nor close in IMD problems.

7. N5MOA

N5MOA Subscriber QRZ Page

I was asking the same question the last week or four.

Every one of the (very) few I came across was within $200 of new, and/or already sold, so I gave up and picked up a new one at the local dealer Friday.

8. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll hang with the TS-570 good rig .

9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Subscriber QRZ Page

OK, I found one used for $1375 which is about what I can get one new with warranty. Where are these blowout prices?

10. AA0V

AA0V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[QUOThttp://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?377281-KENWOOD-TS-590-S&highlight=ts-590 E=KJ4VTH;2763116]
    Links please as I see None in recent Swaplist[/QUOTE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.