True Blue DXers Club

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K2FW, Jun 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

I think I get it.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Hmm ask Ted. K2JMY 377 DX phone.

I met him recently. 98 years old. 99 next week. Birth Date: June 26 1919

http://www.arrl.org/system/dxcc/view/DXCC-PHONE-20180619-USLetter.pdf

upload_2018-6-19_11-18-57.png

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    W5BIB likes this.
  3. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

How wide is ssb? FT8 is 50hz wide. Do da math. "Hey you kids, get offa my lawn". Oh, before I got younger, phone DXCC with an Atlas 210x, Sierra slim whip dipole from a condo in NJ. Oh oh, no code extra too. Hah har har

4. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone get a rope... :p

5. K2CQW

"Angry mob bearing torches and pitchforks storms physics lab in Princeton", Fox News

6. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

Call me naive, but I actually went to the Fox News website looking for this news item.

Anything is possible these days.:(

K2CQW likes this.
  7. K2CQW

You folks don't have the torch and pitchfork crowd. Only eastern Europe (Transylvania) and here in the good old US of A.

8. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Everybody who looking for DX know that get 300 DXCC easy . Only last 10 close to HR#1 is very hard . And no any FT8 help you get DXCC honor roll . It give QSO with lot of station to received a digital certificate (i.e. pdf file ) to post it to your QRZ paged . Here is a lot of QRZ paged with hundred awards images - mostly of them you get for 10 minutes. If this is good to owner of QRZ page - that is ok , but it not related anything with DXing - It is only awards hunting .
    Don't worry about DXCC digital false ( FT8 robot) QSO - anyway it easy to dupe by no-robot classic digital mode .

If somebody like FT8 - it is fine , other like cw or SSTV.

Is any statistic how much DXCC active on FT8? And how many DXpedition use it ?

9. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Some folks use it.

upload_2018-6-25_7-9-58.png

upload_2018-6-25_7-13-38.png

10. W6OGC

W6OGC Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the local QRPers was up on the hill last week and it was obvious that this one came on a wave of skepticism. "Tell me," the QRPer says, "how come you hear all this talk about how easy it is to recognize a real old and long-time DXer? I've seen a lot of DXers and to me they seem to come in all sizes, shapes and condition. What's the story?"

It was obvious that here we had one seeking to entice us into the endless grappling of argument and we pursued the questions carefully. Already his words were a clue that he had been looking for facial features and body shapes and we knew that we could best this one.

"One must learn," we guardedly advised, "that the DXer you see at club meetings has often shed his normal attire for some sharper rags. You'll have to catch him at ease. Say at casual gatherings during the week, the relaxation of his own shack or maybe even the Saturday morning safari to the local radio outlets. Learn their traits in their natural habitats and you will learn to recognize a DXer anywhere. Maybe even when they are dressed up."

At this point we were thinking that any true-blue DXer or would-be DXer would easily follow our expressed thoughts to their always logical conclusion but the QRPer was having none of it. "You talk in circles," he bounded back. "Just how do you tell a DXer...a real, true-blue, old-timer, three hundred plus DXer? Tell me!" It was evident that we would have to come out and spell things for this QRPer as it was obvious that nothing else would suffice.

"One must recognize that to view a DXer from the front is often not the best for recognition," we lectured the QRPer, "one must learn that the rear elevation is often of more value in identification. If you will take the time to note, you will learn that the relaxed DXers have a great fondness for pants with the seats cut knee-length. Often the sag of the bag in the britches is the true index of the achievement of the DXer."

For once we had caught a QRPer speechless and this one just sat there in intense concentration. Finally he jumped to his feet shouting: "You're right! You're absolutely right! I've noted it before but never really understood. It is true that DXers are fond of wearing pants with the seat cut knee-length!"

We were delighted that the QRPer had recognized one of the inevitable Truths but he was right back with another question. "But how about those with short legs?" he asked. "How can they have a low sag in the bag without it getting down around their ankles?" We had to smile at this and rather than trying to supply all the answers the first time around, we told the QRPer to do his own research. For once one learns to recognize a true-blue DXer by the seat of his pants sagging far towards the knee level, the full horizon of introspective DX thinking will start to open. And should you not yet be a Believer, check the cut of the seat and the sag of the bag the next time out on reconnaissance.

And beware of those false DXers without the full-cut of the true DXer, you may be up against a DX dilettante. Really! True-Blue DXers will always understand these things.

— from DX IS! The Best of The West Coast DX Bulletin