True Blue DXers Club

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K2FW, Jun 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
  1. K2FW

K2FW Ham Member QRZ Page

A new DX Club.
    Please join to support traditional standards in DXing & the DXCC awards.

https://www.tbdxc.net/

2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I think we should have a club reserved for traditional hamradio. While I've worked dxcc on RTTY and made a few dozen FT8 DX qso s, neither holds the fascination for me like CW or to a lesser extent SSB. The digital modes are too much like phone texting which seems too impersonal to my liking so while I like this concept, I'd bet the 'newbies' will find it elitist (but use some euphemism to hide their disdain).

WD4IGX likes this.
  3. VK2WP

VK2WP Subscriber QRZ Page

Was'nt there a thread already on this somewhere ? I remember making a comment, again good to see people with an interest in actual conversations rather than an auto computer contacts.

WD4IGX likes this.
  4. K2FW

K2FW Ham Member QRZ Page

There may have been another thread.
    I hope though that this organization will grow. As we need to put standards back into the DXCC programs. Otherwise, they've become a joke.

5. W2VW

W2VW Ham Member QRZ Page

Web site looks nice Steve.

How do you folks stand on:

Fake DX nets?

Spotting tools?

Remote receivers?

The above has really taken the accomplishment out of paper.

AG5DB likes this.
  6. K2FW

K2FW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Dave,
    I can only speak for myself on this organization. The only aspect that I dislike about the new digital modes are that the ARRL should've made a separate category for them. And for several reasons. First of all, it really lowers the standards for DXCC & all the other awards because for the first time ever, guys are being awarded completed QSO's without the need to actually hear the signal. Second, we all know that these modes will continue to be improved upon over the years & who knows how much farther into the noise they will reach. They already have at least a 15 db advantage over CW & that advantage will only grow higher as the months & years progress. And third, because of this advantage, guys are leaving the traditional modes in droves (& who can blame them?). All of this could've been avoided just by the ARRL making another category for these modes & future digital modes.

Steve K2FW

K9ASE likes this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I joined - what the heck? Just got an ATNO last week on CW so why not support this group?

Dave
    W7UUU

K8PG likes this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

:) Funny. Using the term "copy" would be more appropriate. Obviously the signals have been copied.
    Easy way to fix it would be to do away with the Mixed DXCC. Would you be in favor of that?

9. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

The above are impertinent questions. They have nothing to do with the real objectives of the group.:rolleyes:

Good points... but for those using them, they are good. I don't use them, so I think it's bad, and really lower the standards of hamradio.:confused:

10. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

A lot of people would loose their 'status'.

Mixed mode is the accepted award cheapening technique of yore.