ad: M2Ant-1

Troll Post

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by KB1ORM, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-innov
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KB1ORM

KB1ORM Ham Member QRZ Page

I noticed that a thread had been deleted because it was a "troll post". Forgive my ignorence but exactly what is a "troll post"?

2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. G4LNA

G4LNA Ham Member QRZ Page

It is an inflammatory post to invoke a reaction in other posters, a troll is the lowest form of animal you can get on a forum. They usually post once then sit back and watch the fireworks. You quite often see other posters advising don't feed the troll which is pretty good advice for those sick individuals that troll.
  4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Trolling is the slow motoring in a boat trailing a lure to try and entice a fish.

The boat goes slow enough that the fish can swim up and snap up the lure.

Here is a good article on how to use a trolling motor on a bass boat.

In the ocean, the fisherman often uses several lures to try and catch Tuna.

Once a fish is on, the deckhand yells "HOOKUP!!!!!" and all hands rush to the rail to quickly let out an anchovy or sardine so they can hook up a tuna too. Usually the Tuna travel in schools and a troll stop nets alotta fish.

So the articles are obviously about fishing.
  5. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

It's where small hairy creatures drop off their mail. DUH.
  6. N5PVL

N5PVL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have trolled for sand bass many times. If you use a deep-diving lure, you can occasionally catch large black bass who linger below schooling sand bass to eat the scraps, and occasionally a smaller sand bass.

It's a very relaxed, enjoyable fishing method that allows you to cover a large amount of shoreline. Typically, we would troll when the sand bass were not breaking the surface. When they do, I have seen a sand bass school froth up the water in a 100 yd diameter area, chasing shad to the surface. When we spotted such a school, we would kill the motor and drift in. Every cast would bring in a fish. I got started using an electric carving knife to fillet fish with a large catch of sand bass from such a school.

When people talk about trolling, that's what comes to mind first. I could care less about most of the junior high-school level social networking jargon, but endure it as we must.

My strangest catch while trolling was a gi-normous bream or brim as we called them, the black-eared kind. He must have weighed a pound, and was as large as my hand.

I've kind of got big hands, by the way. He was a real lunker, and gave a spirited fight for his size.
  7. N6MEJ

N6MEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well said and it actually answers the question..
  8. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member QRZ Page

An inflammatory post to invoke a reaction in others. I see. So if someone writes, " I think the G5RV is the best wire antenna ever invented" I read this and reply "well I don't think it is, the W3DZZ is far better" then I am supposedly a troll ! I think people throw this troll business around to people with whom they just disagree.

Many's the time I've been reading in newspaper comments, somebody posts a statement and this is followed immediatly by "TROLL ALERT", or maybe "Nurse, he's out of bed again "

Quite honestly I don't think half of the people who talk about trolls really know what trolling is !
    Er.... am I now a troll ?

Mel G0GQK
  9. KF6ABU

No, a troll post would be like "People in Britain have the best teeth, and Americans are jealous". Or "Without emmcom / whackers /, natural disasters would be much worse". Or " the Maritime Mobile net is important, and serves a needed function".
  10. NN4RH

NN4RH Subscriber QRZ Page

11. NN4RH

NN4RH Subscriber QRZ Page

12. AB1QP

AB1QP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

if you ask " why do you say that" and the OP responds with his reason for saying that, it's not a troll post. If there is no response, or the reply is merely argumentative , it's a troll.
  13. WH2HAO

WH2HAO QRZ Moderator QRZ Page

OMG !! I'm a troll it's official. How can you not be a troll when the OP was " eQSL vs. LoTW.. " my answer was ..

"eQSL all the way.. LoTW has proven it can not even handle a contest without shutting down."

So I guess if you have a troll post, it's technically not correct to have a non troll answer. How would WN9 answer this posting and not claim to be a troll. I would like an example.. How did you forget that "eQSL vs. LoTW" was the post, my answer was just one of several pages of troll answers, not a troll post, but maybe you disagree with my answer therefore , I'm the troll. lol..
  14. WH2HAO

Thank you, I feel vindicated as I gave a reasoning for my opinion.
  15. KF6ABU

You are not a troll becuase he disagrees with you. You are a troll becuase you are a troll. :rolleyes:
  16. WH2HAO

Are you trolling me ??
  17. KF6ABU

Someone can troll... Or be a troll....But I am not sure if you can "troll" someone?
  18. KB2CRK

KB2CRK Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course you could just be trolling for a reaction........BTW the best ten meter radio would be the....
  19. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Remember us?

20. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator QRZ Page

On that note, a quick, and well-deserved hook. I presume the original poster has had his question answered. As for you trolls, it's back under the bridge for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.