TRIED TO RUN WSJT-X FOR MAC

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by W6PJJ, Nov 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. W8TJM

W8TJM Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I did another restart, and did the same thing as before.... Did the instructed restart, and this time things stuck. I am good to go. BTW, no worries on being a jerk... all help appreciated here.

K3DCW likes this.
  2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm glad you got it working!

W8TJM likes this.
  3. KC3KBE

KC3KBE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you all very much for the suggestions. Have been able to get WSJT-X running. No error message any more. CAT works ("Test CAT" button in the "Settings -> Radio" display goes green.

Able to see FT8 traffic.

Now I need to get transmit working. No joy there so far.
    Screenshot of WSJT-X with "Settings" open to "Radio" provided.

"I suspect a lack of comfort at the command line" . Don't know on what this suspicion might be based. Been using Vi since goodness, I dont know when. Certainly, started before the late 1980's. Have a terminal window, with multiple tabs, open on the Mac at all times. Must admit, never did cotton to EMACS.

Attached Files:

4. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Do you mean that it won't key the rig at all (the rig won't go into transmit) or that you're not getting audio out? It is obvious your CAT control is working. I'm not certain whether the K2 supports CAT command for PTT, although I think it does. Can you confirm whether it does or not? You may need to use VOX.

Also, make sure the Audio tab has the correct input and output device selected, based upon whatever interface or connections you're using to get audio to/from the K2.

I'm glad to hear it. Most of the time when someone comes to the forums with a post like yours where the command line instructions are given but something doesn't work, it is because of something screwed up at the command line. That is often due to a fear and a lack of comfort working with said command line. When we throw back more command line instructions and get zero further response, it tends to support that bias. In any case, it was simply an unnecessary snide comment and not meant as an insult. If you were insulted, that's my bad and I apologize.