TO5M showing as France

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by VE3CGA, Aug 31, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought they were a dxpedition on St Pierre & Miquelon

They showed up as France in my log book on here.

On LOTW they show up correctly as St Pierre & Miquelon
    Also their web page shows the qth as the islands and their online logbook shows my 2 contacts.

I deleted the both contacts on my logbook here and have been trying to download from LOTW, nothing coming over so far. I usually upload to LOTW for satellite contacts then download to here with no problems

any ideas or should this require a ticket??

thanks, Bob VE3CGA

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

When entering the QSO, click on the RECEIVER INFO tab and make adjustments including DXCC SET.

TO5M is in St Pierre & Miquelon entity.

3. VE3CGA

still struggling with this
    I deleted both TO5M entries and have been trying to download them from lotw, no luck
    and yet the satellite import over from lotw just fine.
    They are confirmed on lotw and I am in their online log
    is there a way to force a lotw download, I'm sure I've had satellite qsos come over that were a couple weeks old that I forgot about

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

5. VE3CGA

yes there has been a ticket #343434 started 08/31/2019 and elevated to HQ

I would have thought that since I deleted the 2 entries in the QRZ log, they then should download from LOTW like my satellite qsos do, where I upload the my qso log to LOTW then later download into the QRZ log, but thats not happenning.
    Should be some way to force a download from LOTW for those 2 qsos
    I'm sure I just did this with another log entry where I entered an incorrect callsign. Deleted it here then uploaded the correct call into lotw - downloaded lotw into here and its now imported into the log here

so... I want to do the same with both TO5M qsos, I just dont understand why they dont import from the downloading from lotw

6. W1DQ

The download from LoTW only includes the changes to that account since the last LoTW download. After the fact, you deleted the two QRZ entries that were among the previous LoTW downloads, hence the current download no longer includes them.

It requires the special intervention of HQs to trigger a re-synch that will reset all previous downloaded LoTW records to "ground zero" and then reload the entire LoTW account next time you choose downloading.

7. VE3CGA

Well darn, I shouldnt have deleted the original 2 qsos then.
    I did check what you suggested earlier just to educate myself in case theres a next time

If they (HQ) choose to allow a resync will I get 2775 duplicate entries or is there a dupe filter
    and
    is there anything I can do in the mean time, should I delete the 2 contacts I have in there
    or just leave it alone
    I suppose deleting my logbook would just complicate matters 2775 times worse

thanks, Bob

8. W1DQ

LoTW accepts duplicates. You might try uploading to LoTW just the two deleted entries and, after a period of time to allow for LoTW processing, download from LoTW.

QRZ:

Duplicates are determined when a match exists between the incoming record and an
    existing record in the database where:

The two callsigns match -and-
    The operating BAND is the same -and-
    The operating MODE is the same -and-
    The QSO DATE is the same -and-
    The QSO Start Time is the same to the minute.

Duplicate Rules:

If the duplicate has not yet been confirmed, the incoming record REPLACES the existing one.
    If the duplicate is of a confirmed record, it is IGNORED.

9. VE3CGA

I did try uploading those 2 to lotw after deleting them from the log here, but nothing ever updated plus now they have been assigned to my dxcc so according to the help file there,
    uploading a dupe record wont work since the qso has been assigned to an award - or something like that. Different story if its not confirmed, I think I read it will over write the existing and render it unconfirmed

I'll wait for the re-sync, I dont want to mess up the lotw log too, ha ha