ad: dxeng

Tired of your favorite food being banned...fight back with a Pizza machine...

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by WB5HQH, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB5HQH

WB5HQH Ham Member QRZ Page

The "News" this week have been all agogged with the story of the banning of "Big Gulps" from New York. Now I am reading about them trying the same with milkshakes and popcorn. So "Hear Me Brothers and Sisters" for I bring good news. A1 Concepts, based out of the Netherlands has come up with "... a pizza vending machine that promises to deliver a piping hot pizza pie made from scratch in less than three minutes.",0,4694433.story

So as Admiral David Glasgow Farragut would say "Damn the politicians, full stomachs ahead".

2. W5TTW

W5TTW Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool idea, but I'll stick to the antiquated method of ordering a pizza over the internet and having someone bring it right to my door.
  3. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting idea, but it's a high-maintenance vending machine, both with restocking and servicing/repair-wise.

As for toppings, I wonder what they are (aside from cheese)--mushroom, pepperoni, olives, etc.?
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

I can't even name 200 toppings!
  5. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

D'oh--I must've glossed over the 200 topping part. 200?! "What, no Oreos?
  6. WN6U

WN6U Subscriber QRZ Page

This machines output might compete with the grocery store brand frozen pizzas. Why bother?
  7. NA0AA

NA0AA Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL!!! I spent almost 40 years in food service and every few years someone came out with one of these machines. They never have stayed around for very long. I assume the cost of upkeep vastly exceeds the profits.
  8. KK4AMP

KK4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

Perfect device for airports!
  9. N0WYO

N0WYO Ham Member QRZ Page

I would think so. Someone has to go in there and clean everything up, and make sure the pizza toppings haven't expired their shelf life. Then, it needs to be restocked. The food cost alone would sink you if you didn't track what the machine was making.
  10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.