ad: IACantenna-1

Tired of your favorite food being banned...fight back with a Pizza machine...

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by WB5HQH, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. WB5HQH

WB5HQH Ham Member QRZ Page

The "News" this week have been all agogged with the story of the banning of "Big Gulps" from New York. Now I am reading about them trying the same with milkshakes and popcorn. So "Hear Me Brothers and Sisters" for I bring good news. A1 Concepts, based out of the Netherlands has come up with "... a pizza vending machine that promises to deliver a piping hot pizza pie made from scratch in less than three minutes.",0,4694433.story

So as Admiral David Glasgow Farragut would say "Damn the politicians, full stomachs ahead".

2. W5TTW

W5TTW Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool idea, but I'll stick to the antiquated method of ordering a pizza over the internet and having someone bring it right to my door.
  3. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting idea, but it's a high-maintenance vending machine, both with restocking and servicing/repair-wise.

As for toppings, I wonder what they are (aside from cheese)--mushroom, pepperoni, olives, etc.?
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't even name 200 toppings!
  5. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

D'oh--I must've glossed over the 200 topping part. 200?! "What, no Oreos?
  6. WN6U

WN6U Ham Member QRZ Page

This machines output might compete with the grocery store brand frozen pizzas. Why bother?
  7. NA0AA

NA0AA Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL!!! I spent almost 40 years in food service and every few years someone came out with one of these machines. They never have stayed around for very long. I assume the cost of upkeep vastly exceeds the profits.
  8. KK4AMP

KK4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

Perfect device for airports!
  9. N0WYO

N0WYO Ham Member QRZ Page

I would think so. Someone has to go in there and clean everything up, and make sure the pizza toppings haven't expired their shelf life. Then, it needs to be restocked. The food cost alone would sink you if you didn't track what the machine was making.
  10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

11. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

What's worse on waistlines... pizzas or cupcakes??? ;)

12. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Cupcakes according to the documentary I just watched on the BBC. Sugar, or more exactly high-fructose corn syrup, is apparently at the root of the cause of Americas obesity epidemic (33% of people in the US are clinically obese). It seems people are being deliberately, from about the 60s onwards, addicted to sugar. Great for profits and bad for the nations health.

Even more shocking, the US Sugar Lobby forced the US Govt to threaten to withdraw funding from the World Health Organisation ($400 million + ). Why? Because WHO were going to publish a report that recommended a maximum sugar intake per day...... So the US Govt did as they were bid, and WHO never published that report......
  13. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep... entitled sugar and sex are America's addiction. :cool:

14. NA0AA

HFCS and Sugar are certainly bad for ya, but oddly, white rice, white flour, potatos are also pretty evil due to the way their simple starches convert to sugar upon contact with your stomach enzymes - eating a potato is about the same as eating the equal calories in pure sugar.

I lost 100 lbs recently and these issues are right in the forefront of my daily life - trying to keep it off - I'm good a year so far.
  15. NA0AA

As a foodservice pro who actually made pizza for money...there is not much similarity between the two products when considering perishability, and the ease of dispensing. Hot food is just the most pershiable - it's got to get to customer HOT or it's bad. Cupcakes in a vending machine need minimal climate control and stay good for a day no problem. Hot pizza is good for at most 30 minutes although it may be edible 4 hours later - or 8 if you leave it on the coffee table and the dog does not eat it.

Not that there is anything wrong with a cupcake dispenser - I like cupcakes, just don't get to eat them OR pizza as often as I used to.

Edited to add: Watched the video - the making of the dough from scratch is a new twist, the rest has been done before - look like they are using the FlashBake technology in the oven - it's a super fast light-wave oven design that was interesting. But the highlight of the video is the voice dubbing and music- Classic!
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  16. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Subscriber QRZ Page

You said "Netherlands". But "Let's Pizza!" says "Japan". . .?

I'll stick to Rocky Rococo...
  17. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Not for me: it was the revealing blouse that had one too many buttons unbuttoned. ;>
  18. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't even like most cupcakes, they're too sweet and I really don't like sweets.

Last time I ate a candy bar was (1) last Halloween, at the end of October. My next one will probably be this coming October, at Halloween. Just never got the "taste" for sweet stuff.

Don't eat cupcakes, cakes or pies unless they're fresh fruit pies with no added sugar. Everyone else hates them like that, but I like them like that.

I like sour stuff. Gimme lemons and limes!

I eat fresh fish with lemon, yummy.

Might explain why I haven't gained any weight in 40 years.:p

But I do recall college days: The "breakfast of champions" was cold pizza and warm beer. Didn't seem to hurt us at all, but we were a lot younger then.:eek:
  19. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

How could you tell if the anchovies were expired? They smell the same to me, fresh or ... otherwise.

On the other hand, fugu pizza might just be a biggie in Japan...that and a cup of kopi luwak!
  20. N4KJF

N4KJF Ham Member QRZ Page

GO TEAM!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.