Time to beat the dead horse, again. (CQ Mag)

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WR3V, Jan 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

So you have no CQ and want no QST, don't want to subscribe to QRZ, then what? :rolleyes:

WU8Y likes this.
  2. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Have Ajit F'n Pai sell off the bands, and throw our radios into the dumpster.

3. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong.

WB5THT and W4NNF like this.
  4. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this recent 'talk' about the ARRL as the publisher of QST, since the original thread is about CQ magazine, or as an amateur radio association?

There is a big difference between the two. Magazines in general have no future. What's the point of paying to read 2 month old 'news'? They are mostly available on the net in near real-time. Even the technical articles end up on a web page eventually.

An association to represent hams is important, and worth 'fighting' for. If there are problems, try to fix it. I don't see the hobby better off without 'formal' representation.

5. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Despite their inability to deliver their magazines on time, people still insist on subscribing to CQ? I had a subscription the first year I was licensed, but when the delivery issues started I dropped the subscription and have never gone back. I don't miss it...

6. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, we sure do have trouble staying on point.
    You're right that we will be better off with formal representation. Unfortunately, I don't believe the ARRL is able to fulfill that function. It has failed miserably in that role so far, has not been able to fix it's internal problems, is bloated with people that don't get it, and provides minimal, if any, benefits to it's dues paying members. I wish I could offer a solution, but I don't have one.

7. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

I miss World Radio.

If I send for the CD collection of back issues, will it arrive?

8. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you really want to take that chance?

9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

I would venture if they have CDs in stock they would be sent immediately as it’s easy money for them.

W7CJD likes this.
  10. W9BRD

W9BRD Ham Member QRZ Page

That alternative voice already exists. It's called "open-source ham radio" and it's available via an Internet--and, as always, via sneakernet--near you.