ad: LZQSLprint-1

Three Tower Award San Marino

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4L5A, Sep 2, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. 4L5A

4L5A QRZ Lifetime Member #68 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The Amateur Radio Association of the Republic of San Marino is happy to announce a special activity from the Three Towers of San Marino, a group of towers located on the three peaks of Monte Titano in the capital, they are depicted on both the national flag and coat of arms.

This activation that will be held under the patronage of the Ministry of Territory and Environment and the Ministry of Tourism and Sport, will take place in conjunction with a civil protection exercise on September 17thand 18thfor 24 hours.

The Three Towers Award is issued in two categories. The Three Towers Award (Standard) is issued to an amateur radio station submitting proof of contact with all the 3 towers on 2 bands. The Three Towers Award Honor Roll is issued to an amateur radio station submitting proof of contact with all the three towers on three bands.
    http://dxnews.com/three-towers-award-sanmarino/

FK1TS likes this.
  2. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like a great award and hopefully conditions will favor propagation outside of Europe. Having gone to the top of the castle (and gotten a souvenir visa stamp at the tourist office) I'll just say that San Marino is a lovely little country and worth a visit. Amateur radio is certainly one way to make it better known to the world.

3. KK4VRE

KK4VRE Ham Member QRZ Page

Just a tiny bit misleading when written about in brevity ... so to clarify for all non-San Marino citizens, the "3 towers" are stone towers, not radio towers.

4. I2BRT

I2BRT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. EA3HUF

EA3HUF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

no hint on modes ?