Threat to two meters any thoughts on this news

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by MW6ZAN, Jun 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. MW6ZAN

MW6ZAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all I was reading a report that stated that France were attempting to grab the two meter band off radio amateurs. I assumed they were out to grab the 138.000 to 144.000 used to be police vhf spectrum in the uk, now it's not used, as the uk police are using a digital system on uhf. Also 147.000 up to 155.000 pager allocation now defunct I'm now starting to get a wee bit worried as info seems to be at sixes and sevens. Maybe some one can actually give a truthful report on what is actually happening. ✌ peace 73

2. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have expanded on this in the post

Could a new licence counter threats at VHF and above?

Being a professional practicing as a consultant in air/ground radio and UAV technologies, I take this threat for real.

The pressure for more spectrum for remote control and telemetry is very hard, and the aerospace industries have considerable political influence.

It appears that only the German Administration had any objections to the proposal when it was presented at the Prague CEPT meeting last week, and I am not the least surprised about this. Most other Administrations are today at best indifferent to amateur radio.

Next step is most likely that the proposal will be discussed at the higher levels, and it may end up as one of the European standpoints for the coming 2023 WRC.

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

KU4X likes this.