ad: w5yi

Thought I'd be first.

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by KB1NXE, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Glad to see this new forum. Should create a lot of good info and discussion.

2. KI0EO

KI0EO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

sudo apt-get ???

I take it, it is still in the development stage ? :)

Don...KI0EO...

3. W2CYK

W2CYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes! TX for your interest...got back late last night from July 4 weekend...QRZ created this over the weekend for us...

We have created a build of Raspberry Pi that is a realtime programmer, so it will work with FT-8x7, TS-2000, IC7100.7200, etc. Pretty much any radio that will work with Ham Radio Deluxe that has VHF/UHF capability.

KD2BTQ is working on a final (I hope) piece on Android to send the QSY messages to the PI that should be ready sometime today. We had it working in a test last week on the Yaesu. Pretty cool. WILL work with iPhone also since we are not using Bluetooth serial, which won't work on iOS. Right on the hairy edge!

I should have a build up for Raspberry later today. You will need:
    a 512mb Model B PI
    an 8GB SD Card
    a nano wifi dongle (its pre-configured for the Edimax EW-7811Un since that is the toughest one to make work, but you can easily configure for others)
    a USB Serial cable (I used the RT Systems model 63 unit since it has a 9 pin serial, but any of there'w should be fine or any 9 pin USB serial USB should work also...tried the gigaware and it works great)

Once you have the unit booting you can turn on vncserver and access the gui, hit the web configurator we created (the ip is hard coded for 192.168.73.88 which must not change or the app won't find it) or use ssh.

We added a button to RFinder repeater detail screen to send the details to the radio. There are some php examples in /var/www the one that works is for the FT-857 but anyone can write a script that knows PHP or can muddle through our example...

We should have an SD card 8GB image ready tonight...I imagine we can make an apt-get at some point!

More later...

Bob/W2CYK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.