ad: CQMM-1

This is what the Sun actually sounds like

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ4U, Jul 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

If you turn it upside down, can you read "Paul?" in the sunspots?

2. KB0HAW

KB0HAW Ham Member QRZ Page

When I LISTEN to the Sun, all I hear is crinkling news paper. When I LOOK into the Sun, I can always find gossip, half-nude photos of celebrities, and I can always count on a lot of BS, just like this video.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/

KR3DX likes this.
  3. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL, that was great!

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I read it.

I know what a boundary condition is for compression waves. Read the first post.

KR3DX likes this.
  5. W5KUL

W5KUL Ham Member QRZ Page

The thing is, lots of things make a humming sound if you take the vibrations at one frequency and lower that frequency to that of human hearing. Does this mean anything? Well, it might mean something to a person on some spiritual level or poetic level. I am not sure of any science that can be done other than perhaps some inspiration from doing this.

Understanding what is going on at frequency, well, that is a whole 'nother ball of wax.

6. WA7SCH

WA7SCH Ham Member QRZ Page

Come on guys, the introduction states this was a sonic conversion. We want people to be more curious about science, not less curious.

7. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a filter that will take care of that hum for ya. :p

8. W0RIO

W0RIO Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm surprised they don't say anything about the actual frequency of the vibration, I'd guess it's around 70hz since it sounds a little
    higher than a 60 hz hum. That's assuming the frequency wasn't transposed for the video.

The earth also hums (Schumann Resonance) at 7.83 hz, I searched for that on youtube and found tons of new agey videos
    but not much on the science side.

All of it just makes me say: Hmmm.

9. N3HEE

N3HEE Ham Member QRZ Page

Alexa, Ask Sleep Sounds to play the Sun !

10. WA2LXB

WA2LXB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

DUDE in the video...shut your pie hole and let us listen. Like to hear yourself talk much?

11. WA2LXB

WA2LXB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"Mr." Sun? You couldn't make that movie today...you'd be called racist...or sexist...or white-plasma-privilege...or something.

W1YW likes this.