Think twice about dealing with KJ0L

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by W4RLR, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KW7RF

KW7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

Save a buck and lose 100

Oh wow, you know what that means? If you think it's bad now just wait. It will be Scammer's Heaven. Radio Mart can start an infomercial on how to rip off the ham community.

I'm done buying used radios and I WILL CANCEL MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeepers!

I used pay pal without any problems and my friend Tony won't use anything else and has had no problems.

But now, it was mentioned that his wife refused payment and it got sent back. So did anyone ever think that the wifie decided on her own to cancel and said no on the sale and KJ0L didn't know what happened until after she cancled the deal? That could be a possibility..

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  3. KW7RF

Sooner or Later

I used paypal for about 10 years too. Let me tell you that their policy has chanced there is no safe transaction any more. If I sell you a burnt radio once you recieved it we're done. I get my money and you're screwed. PAYPAL also said that with transactions outside eBay they can't see any pictures but just a tracking number that the package was delivered. That tells me that someone could send you a brick and a tracking number and the deal is done. WoW :eek: Sooner or Later it will happen to you and you will be back on this thread.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's the latest.
    Paypal Plus credit card said that you have to wait 45 days before you can open a dispute. I don't think is like that with regular credit cards. I don't trust Paypal, Paypal Plus credit card nor EBAY. Also, my payment was due today, I had schedule auto pay for today but now there's a $39 late charge fee. What late charge fee ? They are really driving me crazy.
    I think this new policy from now on will have a major impact on the way I'm doing business. My suggestion, be very careful who you're dealing with ....... remember sooner or later.

4. KU5Q

KU5Q Ham Member QRZ Page

But those things happen regardless how the funds were exchanged. Once the funds reach their destination, the funds transferring entity has done its job. What the buyer & seller agreed to is the responsibility of the buyer & seller. It would be unreasonable to expect the entity moving the funds from buyer to seller to act as an arbiter in a deal they have no interest in, as they were not buying or selling anything, they were only moving the money for the transaction.

Now, if the goods never show up, i.e. the seller did not provide the goods that were paid for, then that would be a different matter.

5. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good thing I have no need for paypal.:)

6. KU5Q

KU5Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Pay Pal thread?

Why don't you start a thread on it Travis? You like to stir things up.

Seriously, kidding aside, I'm surprised no one has started one. I don't love it or hate it (pay pal), and I don't need it. Its a convenient way to move money, I've had no problems with them, so I use it. A thread on it might the thing. It would probably draw in a lot of traffic/comments. If they are so evil, then the negative comments should be "off the hook".

This ham to ham ref thread has been pulled off topic too long, I'm surprised it hasn't been locked down yet.

Some of these things remind me of equipment reviews. Is it a small number of "sour grapes", and based on what, vs a large number of transactions between sellers and buyers who were satisfied with the transactions, or not?

Perhaps others are curious.

W3VR

7. KW7RF

Sorry guys. It went off course.

You want it locked? OK :) :D

It went off course a bit and then I kept it there. Sorry guys. My fault, I lost my cool. Feeling better now. It's my B-Day. I'm done here. :cool:

8. W9WD

W9WD Ham Member QRZ Page

That's the attitude the guy that tried to rip me off had.
    I guess he thought it was ok to rip people off if the amount was small.

9. NI7I

NI7I Guest

Boy this thread has gone the gammut.. Anyhow, back to ham to ham stuff:

My biggest complaint about this topic is the missuse of it. Hams come here to garner support, I suppose, and either dont submit enough information or dont submit substantiatioin to support the information. They expect us to accept what they say based on thier hot air. I'm not sayuing that this thread was started that way.. I have long forgotten what this thread was about. It really doesnt matter how much was involved in the transacftion. What matters is that the complaining ham needs to post enough information with factual backup to support the complaint. Otherwise it's just a gossip column and is a disservice to the swap topic.

Lee
    NI7I

10. KW7RF

Well OK, to reply to your post we have to change the topic again.
    Here we go: I agree with you and too bad this cannot be setup with a Positive and Negative point system (yes, something like eBay) that way we can see the pertentage and see how many hams were actually ripped off by the same person. The problem with this thread is actually when Devil's advocates get involved and sometimes we get an entire jury. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.