ad: elecraft

Think twice about dealing with KJ0L

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by W4RLR, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WA9YOZ

WA9YOZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thiefing hams?

Wow! I got goose bumps reading the negative reports regarding e-bay/paypal and crooked hams! Since it is almost imposible to prosecute these clowns that steal/cheat hams out of their gear, why not contact the Bounty hunters?..Since they ARE legal maybe they can get results faster than our bureaucratic government?

2. W9WD

W9WD Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a stupid Radio Shack power mic from a guy not through Ebay. I didn't have my antenna and equipment set up yet so I could not try it out immediately. When I did get to try it out it did not work. The battery contacts were so corroded I could not get voltage through. I cleaned those up and it still did not work. I contacted the seller, but all I got was taunting and laughter. PayPal would not help. The taunting and laughter stopped when I brought in my credit card company. I got my money back.

The moral of the story is ALWAYS USE AN INDEPENDENT CREDIT CARD TO PAY FOR ITEMS THROUGH PAYPAL.

I hate PayPal

3. KU5Q

KU5Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Hate to hear about a bad experience like that Beto.

A couple of years ago, I purchased a used Garmin GNS-530, GNS-430. I was suppossed to have them 3 days after purchase. No product, and no response from the seller. I filed a complaint with Pay Pal right away after 3 days. It took them two months, but I got back all my money. It was not an ebay transaction. That's the only problem transaction I've ever had out of hundreds of Pay Pal transactions, and Pay Pal took care of it, although it took them awhile.

Also, I have recently talked to a real, clear english speaking person on the phone

1-888-221-1161 (plus PIN # assigned with link)

and they were friendly and answered all my questions.

Anymore, if it's over $7,000.00, I don't buy from individuals, or sell in the blind using Pay Pal or anything else. If it's cheap, little junky trinket things, I'm not concerned.

I place zero expectations on strangers. Consequently, I experience no disappointment from non performance of others, if I expected nothing from them to begin with. I won't give them the chance to disappoint me.

Bad people are bad people regardless of many things. Someone being a ham for 50 years means nothing.

Hope you get it worked out.

W3VR

4. W4CBJ

W4CBJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Think twice

I keep hearing about people telling me: "I never had any trouble with Paypal." I never jumped out of an airplane or got killed, either. Good luck! 73 Joe W4CBJ

5. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I collect phone numbers just in case. Where do you get the pin?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

6. KU5Q

KU5Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Tom, from the pay pal site, whenever I log in, there is a "contact us" link. When I engage the link, it takes me to another screen that shows (I believe there are 3 options) "by phone", or something to that effect, when you engage that link/option you will get a phone number and a pin number that is used when you call in. I believe the link is only good for perhaps 30min or so. I believe you get a new PIN every time you go through all of that.

If you have a pay pal acct, you may want to try that just to see for yourself.

I believe it still works that way.

Hope that helps.

W3VR

7. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, that works. I never tried that, have not had to. I think the pin confirms to them that you are a member, not just someone with their phone number. I have not seen that before. thanks

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

8. KW7RF

KW7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

I never had any problems with Paypal until yesterday. Their response was: "You recieved the radio so there's nothing we can do if it's broke." I don't want to send the wrong message but I think their policy has changed. Their AD says buyer and seller protection. Yes sure, my a**.
    The resolution center is misleading, makes you think like you can file a dispute. Sure, go ahead do that then later they will tell you that they only cover eBay transactions. I got a feeling there's going to be a lot of threads like this later. If anyone needs more info you can PM me. Thanks.

9. W4RLR

W4RLR Ham Member QRZ Page

They don't cover eBay transactions anymore, according to eBay's revised Terms of Service agreement. I find that odd considering that eBay and PayPal are but two units of the same big conglomerate that also owns StubHub.

10. KU5Q

KU5Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Keep us posted.

That would be great if you keep us posted. You strike me as a credible person. Some of the other complaints sound/look flaky.

Maybe someone needs to start a new thread on pay pal. Although lots on these threads can't be taken seriously, especially with all the cheapos that cry over a $10.00 transaction gone bad, I'm surprised someone hasn't started a fresh one on pay pal.

Good luck Robert, hope you get it worked out.

W3VR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.