"They" are taking away the 2-meters band, is this true?

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KC0BUS, Jul 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Ham Member QRZ Page

Scott Fike KC0BUS, has asked more than 1,000 questions on here the past 15 years. Most are open-ended, vague like this one, and he rarely shows any sign of making use of the information. One thread he initiated appeared to be a topic he could be planning to write a book about. Thus, with all the responses he's got to all his questions, we could be helping write such a book for him, the theory goes !!!

W6KCS and W1TRY like this.
  2. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

There was so much wrong information or lack of information put out about this and the panic-stricken reactions of people on this side of the pond was hilarious to watch. As soon as i heard about it, I e-mail our section manager and asked about. His response was that the US allocation was in no danger and that's how it turned out.

3. KM3F

KM3F Ham Member QRZ Page

A friend of mine reacted much the same way.
    I asked him where he heard about it.
    Answer was his brother.
    Where did he hear about it? Off the internet.
    I said that's the problem, you guys run with to much you hear about instead of doing enough research to find the details. You would have found it is French company that wants the spectrum for aircraft products use.
    Do you think your HT is going to interfere with any one in France?
    They don't have any say in what we have for band allocations.
    Oooh!
    It's time people use at least 'some' common sense.
    ARRL does not control any law as some seem to think by complaining the ARRL should do something.
    They did, 'within there influence level'.
    At least track the subject and not depend on others for mis information then post on a forum and show it.
    The last time a subject like this came up it was about Pace Makers on the 70cm band by a medical company. A lot of panic came up because the readers did not follow up on the details. They are there but are accessed by a complex code that amateur radio emissions are likely to never duplicate nor ever interfere with the user on the 70cm band..
    Car remote locks, remote reporting weather stations etc are most all on the 70cm band around 433. Never heard anyone. complain.

4. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Word is from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave that Homeland Security is taking over Oct 31 2019. It will be used for Civil Air Patrol.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Old news, they're not taking two meters away, even the French gave up on that!!!

6. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Two Meter Race was a tough one but they finished! :p

7. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Unless, of course, it is false.:confused::rolleyes: