Thelma MacKenzie call?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K0HB, May 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K0HB

K0HB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is for you "mature" people who can remember when KC6JC was rare DX, Father Jim Cavanaugh, a missionary in the Caroline Islands. (He claimed he had the same initials as his "Boss".)

In that same era there was a lady ham, Thelma MacKenzie, also in the Carolines, the wife of Boyd MacKenzie, an official of the TTPI in the area. If I remember correctly, she lived on Ponope or Koror.

This was all in the mid-to-late 1960's. I was KG6AQI back then.

In appreciation for some legwork that I did for her with the Navy on Guam, she gifted me with a storyboard carved by a noted Micronesian artist by the name of "Ngiraibuuch". I still have the storyboard, and before I go "sk" I would like to document the history of this treasure. Since Mrs MacKenzie and ham radio were so central to the story, I should also include her call sign (which I don't remember).

Does anyone here remember her callsign? Not certain of spelling of her last name --- could be McKenzie or MacKenzie.

2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Remember Father Cavanaugh don't recall MacKenzie maybe if there are some back issues of CQ or QST from that time peroid may find some mention in the DX sections.

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

KC6CK in the Spring 1968 Callbook.
    QTH Koror.

K3XR likes this.
  4. K0HB

K0HB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

THANK YOU!

Is her last name MacKenzie, or is it McKenzie (without the "a")?

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

THELMA G MACKENZIE

UA6JD likes this.
  6. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Data from 1969:
    Thelma G Mac Kenzie, Kolonia, Ponape, Eci 96941, KC6CK:1969
    CA