ad: Radclub22-1

The Ultimate SDR Radio Order!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, May 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W9BBB

W9BBB Ham Member QRZ Page

good for you. its nice try new technology.

VA2PV likes this.
  2. K2DED

K2DED Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

love to see and share the joy that this stuff can bring....its like watching a kid open gifts on xmas....congrats man....thanks for the content....keep it up!

VA2PV likes this.
  3. 2E0PPJ

2E0PPJ Ham Member QRZ Page

All experienced and dx ham"s go for Icom.

VA2PV likes this.
  4. IS0KYB

IS0KYB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    in my opinion Ham Radio should be about learning, life should be about that. The question is: what did you learn by buying thousands of dollars worth of ready made equipment?
    Not much more than by buying a new huge TV I believe. Toy buying doesn't pay in the long run, you'll always want the newest gadget. Like you said, you had to sell a TS-990
    to buy these new radios.
    If Ham Radio is your hobby, start creating something yourself, even a monoband QRP receiver with modest performance is infinitely more interesting than a flashy toy that
    will stay a mystery as far as how it works...
    I also bought and sold several used radios in the past, but after a while it gets old and you realize all radios are basically similar and you'll learn something just when you
    buy faulty old radios that you have to fix yourself.

marco / IS0KYB

5. G1XXV

G1XXV Ham Member QRZ Page

6. G1XXV

G1XXV Ham Member QRZ Page

I refrained from purchasing an Icon IC 9700 due to if the French get their way we will lose 2 meters and 23 cms as Amateur Radio Bands.

7. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Paschal, You sold a truck load of wonderful equipment in order to buy another truck load of outstanding equipment.

I am impressed with your station. It is neat, clean, powerful and impressive.

I have been to Quebec. I love the province and your fellow Canadians. People from Quebec are warm, friendly and very special to me.

I was married to a French Canadian for about 15 years. Unfortunately, cancer took her away.

I lived in Canada for a year and absolutely loved it there. The winter was especially nice. I very much like the snow.

I enjoy your posts. You are a valuable member of the ham radio community. Keep up the good work.
    John
    K4AGO

G3SEA likes this.
  8. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Also... his new station is not made in China like the Harley Davidson soon will be.
    John
    K4AGO

9. M0YYO

M0YYO Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow Nice set up, i have a 7300 and looking forward to getting the 9700, congrats on the setup and look forward to seeing some videos from you on the 9700. I hope you have lots of fun and hope you catch some DX 0n 2m and 70cm (it opened up here in the uk yesterday ) 73's fran

10. WB5R

WB5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice radios. What about your antenna(s)?

11. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like your Christmas list just got longer!!

https://icomuk.co.uk/files/icom/PDF/newsFile/IC-PW2_Tokyo_Hamfair.pdf

upload_2019-8-31_21-11-2.png