ad: rfparts

The Truth About the G5RV antenna

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by W0BTU, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K4WGE

K4WGE Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a Good Thing to know The Truth.

3. G3TXQ

G3TXQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Mike,

One point of clarification relating to the final comment on your new web page: Varney never recommended a 125ft dipole with open-wire all the way back to the radio/tuner - it was still the 102ft!

A dipole can be as short as 3/8 lambda (100ft on 80m) and still be reasonably efficient; much below that and system losses begin to be unacceptable.

Steve G3TXQ

4. KD0NSC

KD0NSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Iam new to this and studying for my General but I have a windom Jr 67ft dipole with a 4:1 balun set 39ft high on long end(45ft) and 23ft high on short end(22ft)and I receive/(trans with Elmer15,20,40) 10-40 real well,can receive 75/80 on it also at times and 6 is well quite,yard is to small to put anything longer on it with kids and kites........160 will be a challange for me when time comes.Iam looking at going Vertical(US Tower)...I have a 8 band vertical antenna to put on it but wount use the 2m/70cm being those wont work with my TS2000 through hf,it has seperate 2m and 440 antenna hook up's on back witch Iam useing now......4 antenna hook ups 2m-70cm and 2 HF's nice..

5. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. It's fixed. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.