ad: BKQSL-1

The QSO you entered is outside the date range

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by CE8VJG, Oct 22, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. CE8VJG

CE8VJG Ham Member QRZ Page

everything wrong that can not change ... anyone knows what happens with this information ....
    you see that every attempt to enter a new contact I get this message ... I try and change anything ... not anyone know I'm doing wrong?

The QSO you entered is outside the date range of this logbook (2010-09-24 - 2015-09-22).
    Click here to change date range for this logbook

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You must adjust the start and end dates as follows:
    Open your logbook
    Click on SETTINGS then PROPERTIES
    Adjust start and end dates as necessary
    Save changes

Start date = date of first QSO
    End date = a date in the future (expiration date of license)

3. VA3KDZ

VA3KDZ Ham Member QRZ Page

This hasn't helped me. I'm uncertain as to why there's a date range at all. A licence is for life, when does the licence expire? When I do I guess.
    Still, I can't seem to log a single QSO. How can something so simple be so complex and convoluted?

4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Somebody may have had the call before you...or after you.

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

In your uncertainty, you are not following the guidance provided. Hope this helps.

Each logbook has a unique callsign and date range as established by the owner of the callsign at that time. This is necessary as it is possible for a unique callsign to be reassigned to another owner at a different time period. Also, the same callsign owner may relocate and choose to utilize separate (non-overlapping date range) logbooks to capture that difference with time.

Currently, your settings have both the Start and End date set to 05-21-2019. You have setup your logbook to only accept QSOs made on 05-21-2019, none others. It is not convoluted, simply adjust the dates.

Start date = date of your first QSO using the callsign
    End date = a date in the future that you may select, if not a license expiration date

6. VA3KDZ

I got the second date to move by a week. If I try to move it by a year it would revert to last week... and so anything I log falls outside the range.

7. W1DQ

Go to SETTINGS then PROPERTIES. Click on the end date box to launch the calendar then using the pull down menus select the year, month and day. Make sure you click on the day. Save result.

va3kdz.jpg

8. VA3KDZ

Thanks. All working fine now.

9. WA2CLX

WA2CLX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Recently upgraded license to extra class. My logbook now does not accept entries made after the upgrade date 3 Jun 2019. I tried under properties extending the expiration date of the logbook to the new license expiration date in 2029 and it appears not to accept it (and therefore I can't save it since it doesn't change). Suggestions? Thank you.

10. W1DQ

Go to SETTINGS then PROPERTIES. Click on the end date box to launch the calendar then using the pull down menus select the year, month and day. Make sure you click on the day. Save result.

wa1clx.jpg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    KJ4VTH likes this.