ad: Alphaant-1

The OpenRepeater project - An open-source repeater controller for SBCs

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by K0PPE, Nov 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you sure about that ? Video in but no audio in ?

I think you will find that it is there, But may not be all that great when USB can handle the chore better.

For my Pi3 image that runs my repeater, I use one that gives me Allstar and Echolink too.

Have Fun

2. KG7PAR

KG7PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Don,

Unless you know about something I don't know, that is correct; there is no audio input for the pi's unless you have an external hat. There is a mediocre audio output (PWM type), but many have moved over to external audio for quality improvements as you noted. Always happy to learn more if there is an audio input source I am not aware of, please add a link of how to get it done, thanks.

here is one of many discussions where it is commented on that audio input is not available.
    https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/43320/raspberry-pi-3-audio-input

I will note for others that the echolink is already part of the SVXlink images.

If you have an image that runs all-star and uses non-USB gpio, I would like to get a copy of your image if you are willing to take it down long enough to clone me an image to check out.

73, Dan, KG7PAR

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017