ad: FlagAnt-1

The Official "Show Us Your Shack" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AMT, Jul 26, 2013.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: DLSpec-1
  1. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, it is kinda cool. The original manufacturer was local here in Kansas City, and part of the sale to hallicrafters was that they would continue to use the name.

WZ7U likes this.
  2. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

• ICOM IC-7610
    • Yaesu FT-450D
    • Kenwood TM-V71A
    • Palstar LA-1K
    • Heathkit SB-221 /w 10m module, standby switch added, all Harbach upgrades including Soft-Start module.
    • Palstar HF-Auto tuner
    • Palstar AT1500DT Manual tuner (not pictured)
    • Vibroplex VibroKeyer
    • Daiwa CN-901
    • Astron VS-50M Power Supply
    I also have FlexRadio 6400 /w Maestro, but that radio is setup remotely and the Maestro is a different desk in the same room.

[​IMG]

W9CQG, W2JKT, RA3X and 1 other person like this.
  3. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

4. AC5MU

AC5MU Ham Member QRZ Page

AC5MU Station.jpg

I finally got around to posting my bio on my QRZ page tonight, after about a year of studying and acquiring all my licenses. My shack is still work in progress, but here you go.

W9CQG, W8MIB, RA3X and 2 others like this.
  5. KC3MXI

KC3MXI Subscriber QRZ Page

out of curiosity - what is the tan device all the way to the right? Nice shack BTW.

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like a mechanical gray line display to me.

7. AI6KX

AI6KX Ham Member QRZ Page

Antenna rotator controller. The dial face is a polar map, no big deal. The Japanese manufacturer is EMOTATOR, and the company seems to be going out of business as the proprietor ages and it runs down inventory, but it is highly regarded in Japan and countries where it was marketed. I was given mine but had to a complete overhaul and find the fault in the controller.

WZ7U likes this.
  8. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I owned the SX-117/HT-44 combo and sold it and I am still kicking myself in the ass for doing that. :( I didn't have the amp. But that SX-117 is one sweet receiver and I got great audio reports on the HT-44. I wish the SDR sites had been around back then (oh wait, I didn't have internet then!) because it would have been nice to listen to myself on that transmitter.

9. KC3RN

KC3RN Ham Member QRZ Page

After using some modern rigs, I went backwards in time:

Kenwood TS-530 with MC-50 mic
    AT-230 Antenna Tuner
    SP-230 speaker
    Icom IC-746

[​IMG]

10. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, my name is W2JKT, and I'm a radioholic...

I built another Windom and added another radio I had sitting in the closet. The 850 has a very nice receiver in it. Using the RF out on the 590sg to add a CubicSDR-based FT8 receiver, so now monitoring 4 bands at once: 80, 40, 30, and 20. This week some time I will use my last balun to build a 6m monoband dipole for the TS-690.

[​IMG]

W8MIB and W3ATV like this.