The Official "Show Us Your Ham Cat" Thread

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7ROX, Oct 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. W7ROX

W7ROX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! Creative ham cats build their own rigs from limited supplies at hand! Thanks for posting this one! I suspect they have pilfered some of their supplies from unsuspecting hooman hams they dominate.
    If you go to that link, there's one ham cat photo that was used on the May 1976 Cover of QST! Ham Cats have ruled for a long time.

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was over at Universal Radio's website the other day and see they still have pages and pages of store cats and owner cats. including this happy--if slightly overweight--camper. :)

happy camper.JPG

UT7UX and WA7PRC like this.
  3. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

i was going to, but there was a line that said it was a copyright owned by arrl and i didn't want to infringe.

W7ROX likes this.
  4. KA0USE

i think howard is long sk.

W7ROX likes this.
  5. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe you are correct. I also believe he had a good ride. :)

W7ROX, KA0USE and W7ADC like this.
  6. KA0USE

7. KA0USE

that is why your parts boxes are always short- THEY make tt2s. after disposing of the cans' contents first.
    gee, i KNOW i had 30-40 2n222a's here somewhere....

W7ROX likes this.
  8. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is my neighbors cat Snow. She's an indoor cat now, but when this picture was taken, she hung out in my yard more than her own.

[​IMG]

UT7UX, KF5RRF, WA7PRC and 2 others like this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like she could be Arlo's mom.
    The Official "Show Us Your Ham Cat" Thread

W7ROX likes this.
  10. KL7FZ

KL7FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Seeing the picture of the cat next to the tower brought to mind an incident with one of my cats from some time back. The one shown as my avatar. I was up on my tower at the 65 ft level installing some antennas and was starting back down when I stepped down to the next rung and a loud yelp was heard. Pulling back I looked down and there was my cat. He had climbed all the way up the Rohn 25 to help me with the work. It must have been hard on his little paws trying to stand on the rungs of the tower. But he seemed to be determined to be there with me. He was a great companion. I miss that guy. He climbed my towers quite often.

UT7UX, KQ9J, W4NNF and 5 others like this.