The Official DX "ATNO" thread

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W7UUU, Dec 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Chile and Greenland confirmed on 17M recently. Not ATNO, rather a new band.
    I still need Bolivia. That would be ATNO.

W7UUU likes this.
  2. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

V84SAA, Brunei, on 40m and 80m CW confirmed through US Mail today.

The 40m CW QSO counts as the ATNO, and the 80m CW QSO counts as icing on the cake, the best DX on 80m so far (9,398 miles from here), and the last QSO in my log under my old call sign, KA5GEX. 100 watts and my horizontal loop for both QSOs.

Thanks to the V84SAA op for sticking with me on 80m and to the V84SAA team for making it possible:D:D:D

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    KP4SX likes this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

last month and the month before there was a noticeable improvement in propagation around the 20th of the month due to a little cluster of sunspots.
    Will/did it happen again this month? I see a little blurp on the sun image shots and it may have already passed.
    Not much but every little bit helps.
    Last night I worked an FO5 on OD on 20m :)
    [​IMG]

4. KI4WCQ

KI4WCQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Pakistan, AP2AM, confirmed on LoTW today for #314. I was antsy the past two weeks waiting on it.

NZ5F, K1TGX, N5CM and 1 other person like this.
  5. WA4BCS

WA4BCS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked UK9AA, Uzbekistan 20M FT8 ATNO. Sent for his card--he uses Paypal.

6. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And he's good for the reply.

7. WA4BCS

WA4BCS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Fantastic!!!

8. AC6BW

AC6BW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

E31A on 20m FT8 F/H mode last night. ATNO # 305. This was a fantastic opening to the west coast, that lasted over 2 hours! Up until then, they had pretty much been ESP here on the west coast.

KP4SX likes this.
  9. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

No ATNOs this year so far. I was hoping for Bouvet. Still at 313. No FT8 ATNOs for me (CW or SSB only). I will wait out this solar minimum for the next swath of new ones. Next year, I see South Orkney on the list for next ATNO. Conditions are likely to be this bad then according to what I have seen in the SC25 predictions.

W7UUU likes this.
  10. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

Was able to snag Uzbekistan and India for ATNOs a few days ago. India quickly confirmed on LOTW but I might need to send for a paper card from the Uzbekistan station.