ad: portazero-1

The Official DX "ATNO" thread

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W7UUU, Dec 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

That was the guy I worked. I don't do a ton of paper QSLing, so am I correct in understanding that he wants $3 via PayPal and he will send me his card without me sending mine? Or do I still send it, but do the payment via PayPal so the money doesn't get lost in transit?

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You don't need to send him a card.

KM4SII likes this.
  3. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you ever request the Mount Athos card for your contact last October?

4. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

I think I ended up forgetting to. From what someone has told me, someone is still doing his QSLs so I may send one even though the op is SK.

5. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

T88TA, Palau, 30m CW; via LoTW

6. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How do you forget to get a QSL from Mt. Athos!
    I wish you luck.

KM4SII and W7UUU like this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

NO KIDDING!!!

Maybe he was more focused on getting the card from P5 :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

8. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Now that Monk Apollo has passed away, my chance of getting a ATNO has pretty well evaporated. Unless something breaks loose in North Korea, or someone arranges a trip to BS7H Scarborough Reef, I am done with ATNOs. Of course there could always be ATNOs like happened with Kosovo Z6. So I will just work Garden Variety DX and pretend to be thrilled.

NZ5F likes this.
  9. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

I never worked him either. Only ever heard him once here in Texas on 40m CW, but didn't get through the pileup. There is another licensed ham at the monastery. Maybe you will work him though I think he has been on even less than the Monk Apollo. You can always work on 6m DXCC which is now much easier due to FT8 though I don't use that mode here on 6m too much. Not my cup of tea.

10. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3D2CR Conway Reef for an ATNO on 40 CW this morning! Funny thing is I was doing work on my 40 meter vertical yesterday and never got done. Had about 5:1 SWR on it when I made the contact! :D

KP4SX likes this.