ad: elecraft

The Official DX "ATNO" thread

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W7UUU, Dec 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Post up your latest ATNO ("All Time New One") no matter how sublime...

I just added J79WTA on 80 Meters ... took more than a few go-rounds but finally made it in the log both ways! Note that his QRZ page is a bit out of date - but this is a regular spot for him to take holiday.

Dominica Island - ATNO territory for me on 80

What's yours? Even if it's just a bit "off shore" or just "over the border" - ATNO is the important part! Along with BAND!!! It's one thing to work a DX on 20m and quite another to work the same DX on 40, 80, or 160!!!

Post up YOUR latest "All Time New One" :)

Dave
    W7UUU

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  2. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave, good topic: I'm gonna have to think about this one for a while. Not bragging or anything, but it's been quite a while for an ATNO for me. I'll get back to you! :D

K2HAT and W7UUU like this.
  3. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

VP6D on all the HF bands plus 160. Also got the on all modes. Great operation!

I was only able to work ATNO TX3X Chesterfield on 80 CW in 2015. And that was before I built my low band receive array, so I was listening on the 40' top loaded vertical in the middle of my back yard!

4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I recently started working 60m so I have many BAND/ATNOs.

W7UUU likes this.
  5. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you mean year 2018 "confirmed" ATNO's, just YJ0GC (20 and 17 CW), E31A (20 CW), and Z60A.

Sent for, but still waiting for, SV2ASP/A on 20 CW.

6. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Just to clarify, are you suggesting that "ATNO" refers to a new 'band country', e.g., J7 on 80 M?

7. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm at 297 worked. The chances of me finding a truly ATNO are fairly slim.

VK6APZ likes this.
  8. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I always thought that ATNO meant, well, All Time New One, not a band fill, but it's just a fun thread so we can go with whatever the group wants. :)

Anyway, my last ATNO was E44WE Palestine back in November which brings me to 281/284.

As for band fills on 80: FS/W9MK St Martin, GI0VJE Northern Ireland, and ZL2OK New Zealand. 80 is tough from here with a low (55'at the feed) inverted V, and I'm struggling for DXCC; my last band for 5BDXCC. Now at 50/60.

9. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

ATNOs are rare visitors around here, band new bands and modes do happen from time to time.

10. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

Actual ATNOs don't happen here anymore since I only need P 5 to have them all. I don't push for ATNOs on individual bands much since I have 7BDXCC don't work 30 meters, and no way I will get DXCC on 160. But I recently did get Trindade & Martin Vaz Is on 40 for an ATNO on that band

W4IOA and K1TGX like this.