The League does it again.

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K0IDT, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Guilt by association

2. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

WA5VGO likes this.
  3. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I think everyone knows what we mean. Rather than waste time on nitpicking, deal with the issues.

4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Isn't ham radio itself a waste of time? Time better spent doing something productive?

Like when I'm playing radio, indoors on a nice day when I should be mowing the back 40?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    K4AGO, W7TCT, NL7W and 1 other person like this.
  5. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No it's not.

Even the members are just a funding source for the executive employees in Newington. The latter are going to do what they want, how they want, when they want, and not even the "new and improved board" is going to stop them from trying.

The member-driven ARRL of decades past is long-gone. It's time for people to accept that and act accordingly... which mostly means commenting on ill-advised petitions as they become available for comment at FCC.

WD8ED, K0IDT, N1LHY and 3 others like this.
  6. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't been on the air in a month, doI need a backup rig?

WR2E likes this.
  7. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No, you need three. ;)

And a go-box...

W4JHU likes this.
  8. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just read the FCC filing at issue and see nothing wrong with it at all.

It asks to replace the Baud rate limit with a 2.8 kHz limit.
    It points out that consideration of any sub-band changes should belong to a future proceeding (rightly I think).
    It says that any issues of non-compliance with the regulations on obscuring massages are enforcement issues and should be dealt with as such, rather than as needing some regulation change (rightly, IMO).
    (And, as part of that, discusses the controversy swirling around Winlink and acknowledges the efforts and progress made in reducing inappropriate content by self-policing).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    KA0HCP likes this.
  9. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

What is a "digital & ACDS" license?

Just exactly what different license do I need to get to be guaranteed those "privileges" ?

K0IDT and K1OIK like this.
  10. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree. Given that the FCC has completely ignored Amateur Radio rule making since 16-239, small steps would seem to be in order.

IMHO, the ARRL should have accepted 16-239 as is back in 2016. The 2.8 kHz bandwidth limit was/is not necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.