ad: k1jek

The Law of DXing

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W6OGC, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Only when done properly.

Bill

2. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah then when you work them you give them your buddies callsign and tell them to listen for him calling, love those.

Then when working by the numbers they always start with 1's and you know that by the time they get to the zero's if they don't skip over them and go to 1's again the probigation will have gotten you and not stand a chance so go to another band and hope.

3. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

I love the DX stations that continually work over and over, multiple dupes, multiple bands/modes the same region, yet, other areas ask, please listen for NA and day after day, they work the same region that has a low need for it, bypassing the regions that need it overall for a new one..go figure...

Or better yet, the ones that can't stick with the rules of the pile up...

"Working 6's and 7's, west coast (which by the way, isn't really 7 land), up 5-10.....who's the Alpha Radio?.....QSL, K1AR (example), you are five nine...QRZ...Number 6/7...up 5-10".
    LOL

Instantly, the pile up goes "anyone anywhere".....mentality...why not?

Miss the days of DJ6SI, SM0AGD, etc. Great ops....

4. N3QVB

N3QVB Ham Member QRZ Page

I feel your pain. Those of us with G5RV's should never give up. Several years ago when Wallis and Futuna was active, I heard them on 17 meters. I must have called for at least an hour. Finally I gave it one last try and BINGO. Even with 100 watts. We should always believe.

5. N3QVB

N3QVB Ham Member QRZ Page

Speaking of great ops, how about Bob MD0CCE. I'm sure he's still around. That guy is so relaxed and engaging. Works a pileup the way it should be done, and makes everyone feel like it was a personal QSO. Something to emulate.

Miss the days of DJ6SI, SM0AGD, etc. Great ops....[/QUOTE]

6. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member QRZ Page

That seems long and complicated, I always thought it was "do unto others before they do unto you"

7. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Listen & Pounce

(though it's really Listen, listen, listen, listen, listen
    listen, listen, listen, listen some more & Pounce)

8. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

How about when the DX is calling (for example) 9 calls only and the guy across town from you is all of a sudden "portable 9"?
    I have heard that several times through the years.

9. W5DQ

W5DQ Ham Member QRZ Page

.... and in 95% of those, probably the heavy lifting was on the other end ;)

10. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

Unless you get to the point where you are only chasing 2-way QRP QSOs!
    I worked 1000 QRP ARCI members on CW (initials, just like those EMEers)
    2x WAS and WAC (suitably endorsed!) When I got to 50 countries confirmed 2XQRP, getting new ones got to be really hard, so I'm doing easier stuff like chasing xx9e from New Engand :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.