ad: Winterfest-1

The Law of DXing

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W6OGC, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. W4AFB

W4AFB Guest

I find using the Alpha 9500 at full tilt while calling "QRP-mobile" is most effective for busting pile-ups. If you really wanna get down and dirty you use a female voice.

2. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

You're right! And the guys with big stations are the same ones who insist that you can't really DX without a big station. Meanwhile, the QRPers keep racking up the contacts.

3. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

i believe the law is much simpler:

work them without causing interference to others trying to work them. be a good citizen type stuff. it's really quite simple.

4. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

hahaha. this just sounds dirty ;)

5. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Or the DX station that goes by numbers and abruptly stops at 8's....gotta love a well oiled machine...thanks for the waiting...LMAO

6. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

yes, that was bad - takes a break in the 3's and then forgets about 8, 9, and 0.

7. N8XE

N8XE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What about the lazy? I am a lazy DXer.. I go where the packet cluster tells me to go. I trust it completely. If I see a rare one spotted, I just send my callsign over and over and over. And after the 5th time the DX answers me and gives me my 5th signal report, I am satisified. I then call again just to make sure. I also use a tube amp. I tune it once and forget it. It seems to work ok on all bands. You get over the smell and the snapping and cracking that comes out of the amp. It is really cool with the lights out.

I only work DX that have online logs.

Most of the time it works... I don't seem to have a lot of ham radio friends tho.. and I keep going though tubes and bandswitches on my amp. Anyone know why?

:(

Back to eating cheetos and watching TV.

Jason N8XE

8. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member QRZ Page

i think N8XE has had a little too much Crown...

9. N8XE

N8XE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Getting warmed up for Dayton ;)

Jason N8XE

10. KR2C

KR2C Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Fixed it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.