The Flu Jab or Flu Vaccine Abroad

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by N3AWS, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-sarc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

2. PA5COR

PA5COR Ham Member QRZ Page

More or less the same as the rest of th Europeans, the groups most vulnerable to flu get the shots, or if you want to get it from your housedoctor.
    People have paid sickdays here, for people working in the food industry i rather not would have to see them work through their flu illness handling food..... but stay home and til their flu is over get back to work.

3. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Just a routine thing for vulnerable groups - not a problem. I'm in one of the groups thats gets thiers for free.

4. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

IB4TL: How is this related to Amateur Radio? Methinks WRONG FORUM.

5. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member QRZ Page

This discussion could be a matter of life or death.! Retired people are notified every years that 'flu jabs are available. In my town the surgery has a special Saturday morning when people just walk in give their names and have a jab. They have a coffee and cake counter and the place is packed out with chattering OAP's

As for those employed at food processing factories they are not permitted to return to work for a number of days after feeling an improvement to return to work following the 'flu they contacted. Its the same with staff who have visited India or Pakistan, in fact any country outside Europe. They are not permitted to work again for three weeks to ensure a germination period has been passed

Mel G0GQK

6. M3KXZ

M3KXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm an AR op, and I get flu jabs from the NHS due to nearly kicking the bucket a year ago. And my bucket has a load of antenna wire in it. So it's all related to AR now!

7. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well recent studies are suggesting the flu virus can be transmitted to other operators via radio waves over amateur radio bands.

:p

8. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And,... Don't forget, a person can be exposed to the virus repeatedly if using "repeaters"..:eek:

9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Subscriber QRZ Page

Good comeback :)

10. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

It seems like every newscast I've seen for the last week has had a story about the flu and how we should all get shots. I wonder how much of this effort is being pushed by the vaccine manufacturers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.