ad: QSLWorks-1

The Contesting Coin Toss for the rest of us

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK6FLAB, Jul 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KD4LT

KD4LT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What about all the nets,old man ,old woman net ,west east net ,cat net net ,dog net ,army net ,air force net,

2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KC9TNH

KC9TNH Ham Member QRZ Page

Not an avid contester. Will occasionally answer calls for one of the CW contests simply because I enjoy it, which is ultimately all that matters. However, if I have changed something or have a different antenna I'd like to test the performance of, a contest can rapidly provide validation (or not) of "theory" vs. rubber meets the road. Just takes a little time & some civility. As the kids say, "s'all good."

4. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

AS in Endorphins for the slow among us? Contesting messes up the bands and is an embarrassment to the hobby.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

We are ALL allowed to have opinions. Thanks for sharing yours :)

There are also many who enjoy contesting, and they don't need to defend how they enjoy the hobby in this perfectly-legal way.

I have never understood folks doing the "Noontime Net" - to me it seems far more like "empty time, and when all done, no serious reward" - and that is my opinion. Those who enjoy the "Noontime Net" are certainly entitled to feel that way.

:)

Dave
    W7UUU

KG5THG and W4LJ like this.
  6. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

W4LJ likes this.
  7. W4LJ

W4LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page