ad: HamHats-1

The Classic Bird 43 Wattmeter

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M1MRB, Sep 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. M1MRB

M1MRB Ham Member QRZ Page

ICQ Podcast Episode 277

In this episode, Martin M1MRB is joined by Chris Howard M0TCH, Dan Romanchik KB6NU, Martin Rothwell M0SGL, Ed Durrant DD5LP and Frank Howell K4FMH to discuss the latest Amateur / Ham Radio news. Colin M6BOY rounds up the news in brief, and this episode’s feature is - The Classic Bird 43 Wattmeter.

ICQ AMATEUR/HAM RADIO PODCAST DONORS

We would like to thank David Hartley (RS314170), Philip Heckingbottom (VK6ADF) and an anonymous donation and our monthly and annual subscription donors for keeping the podcast advert free. To donate, please visit - http://www.icqpodcast.com/donate

News stories include:-
    • EI Station Works Japan on 70cms Moonbounce for EI First
    • Moon Bounce on a Dipole
    • Ofcom Issues M5 prefix Calls Again
    • Spectrum Management and the Impact on Amateur Radio
    • FCC to Impose Two-Way VHF/UHF Radio Restrictions
    • Swedish Amateur Radio Regulation Changes
    • Russia Proposes DRM on 65.9-74.0 MHz
    • ExseedSat Ham Radio FM Transponder Satellite
    The ICQPODCAST can be downloaded from http://www.icqpodcast.com

upload_2018-9-30_17-53-29.png

9A6GEZ, AC7DD, KX4IG and 1 other person like this.
  2. KD2GIY

KD2GIY Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought my Bird with 3 slugs in it for 8 bucks at a flea market. All I can say is the Bird is the word after that deal !

3. K5HUM

K5HUM Ham Member QRZ Page

You STOLE IT.......naturally you advised it was way way under priced and you wanted to be fair
    like all good Hams should be! hihihihihi

KD2GIY and KA2LIM like this.
  4. K8UV

K8UV Ham Member QRZ Page

The biggest fear hams have is that when they die, their wife will sell their gear for what he told her he paid for it.
    de Rich K8UV

KJ7DAD, M0TCH and KD2GIY like this.
  5. K6PPT

K6PPT Ham Member QRZ Page

What a fantastic find, and what great luck you had that day. I have one just like it, and used one in commercial two way radio. Those are the way to go for accuracy. K6PPT Paul Tretiakoff in Tucson, AZ

KD2GIY likes this.
  6. W9GDH/SK2023

W9GDH/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

I would have given $100 t0 $150 for the Bird plus 3 plugins. Maybe more to be far. DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SOMEONE .

7. WR1O

WR1O Ham Member QRZ Page

How is this taking advantage, a lot of these guy get this stuff for free. Last flea I went to a guy had a like new Bird in a beautiful case full of slugs in the cover, I asked how much, he said 40 bucks, I said will you take 30? He said sure, we were both happy. The guy next to me fainted.

K1DC and KD2GIY like this.
  8. A25SL

A25SL Ham Member QRZ Page

GOOD equipment ! build with style - reliable and durable !
    Like anything else in life - there will come a time you don't need any of this stuff no more, neither the money. Best HAM way - - to pass on good old equipment and knowledge to new fellow HAMS , and remind yourself, I did well - I donated towards another HAM career, this is my philosophy on things /rather than selling -73