Thank You Special Counsel Laura Smith

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N1FM, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: K3QNTad-1
  1. N1FM

N1FM Guest

I just wanted to give a big shout out to Special Counsel Laura Smith. She has been doing a terrific job with regard to power company interference issues. She has also figured out, as Riley did, that sometimes just picking up the phone can solve a conflict. She had some big shoes to fill when Riley retired. I think with what she has to work with due line item budget cuts at the FCC, she has done a good job.

Thanks again Laura!

N1FM

2. WS2L

WS2L Guest

I agree that Riley left some big shoes to fill and so far it seems that Laura will do her best to fill those shoes. I hope that she continues what Riley started by stepping up enforcement with the limited budget she has. In the long run only time will tell how effective she will be but I send her all the best wishes to be successful in her new job.

3. K5FH

K5FH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Bill, K7JBQ, said it best in another thread:

"The FCC these days is a lot like Radio Shack. They're basically in the cell phone business."

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?303646-NOT-A-LANGUAGE/page4

Believe it if/when we see it.

4. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Wait for it..... it's coming.....

5. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

6. W6GQ

W6GQ Swap Meet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

7. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

8. K9ZMD

K9ZMD Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually, I think that multiple hams probably forwarded Laura all the ammo she needed to send the letter. I doubt that any serious ham radio forum is a good place for confessing to be a scofflaw. I recall the SKCC discussion group thread initiated by that feller. Believe me, Laura's letter is kinder than many of the replies that followed his post.

9. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Ahhhh....The truth comes out! I considered that scenario, and figured it for the truth, but I thought it was funny that she referenced QRZ especially when you have so many, openly posting here and on other sites about their transgressions.

10. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

we await..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.