ad: CQMM-1

Thank you Art Worrell-w5hkd

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WB5VRD, Jul 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB5VRD

WB5VRD Ham Member QRZ Page

Art was my Elmer 40 years ago when I was wb5vrd-a novice. He was kind and patient. He bought a HW-101 for me out of his own pocket. I paid him back ever cent over time. We solder each others fingers many times putting the kit together. He was a WW-ll Sailor. Thank you Art, and all veterans, for your service. I miss you friend, you will never be forgotten. 73 Roger ke0fgj

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Sincere Condolences.

Arthur A. Worrell, W5HKD SK August 26, 1999

[​IMG]

Arthur Albert Worrell
    SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS/NEWS-----FRIDAY Aug 27, 1999
    Arthur A. Worrell, 81, died Thursday, August 26, 1999. He was born in Iredall, Bosque County, Texas, on February 14, 1918 and was a long time resident of San Antonio and a member of Laurel Heights United Methodist Church. Mr Worrell had retired from civil service at Kelly A.F.B. after 36 years and was also a veteran of the United States Air Force and served during World ar II. He is survived by his wife of 57 years, Katie T. Worrell ; sons, William Worrell, Bruce Worrell and Robert Worrell; 6 grandchildren; sisters Maggie Houston and Donna Berry; brother James O. Worrell; and numerous nieces and nephews. Visitation will be held on Friday, August 27, 1999 from 5:00 - 9:00 P.M. at Mission Park Funeral Chapels North, 3401 Cherry Ridge Dr.. The funeral service will be held on Saturday, August 28, 1999 at 2:00 P.M. at the funeral home with Rev. Roy Wold officiating. The internment will follow in Mission Burial Park North.
    **Arthur Worrell was the son of William Byston and Katie Leola Herring Worrell. He was the grandson of Stephen Wade and Sarah Elizabeth Temple Worrell.** Arrangements are with : Mission Park Funeral Chapels North 3401 Cherry Ridge Dr. San Antonio, Texas 78230
    (210) 349-1414
    http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg...Sst=46&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=26449843&df=all&
    Arthur A. Worrell, W5HKD
    (No longer in FCC database)
    208 West Woodlawn
    San Antonio, TX 78212
    USA

License Class: General
    License Issue Date: Sep 11 1996
    License Expiration Date: Sep 11 2006
    Look up W5HKD on the FCC website
    (This USA amateur radio license expired over 2 years ago.)

Birth Date: Feb 14 1918

3. WB5VRD

4. WB5VRD

Thank you, Mr. Hatfield, seeing Art's picture really means a lot to me. He was a fine man who befriended me when I was in the Air Force and really needed a friend. Thanks once again for your kindness. 73, Roger

5. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

You are very welcome; once again my Condolences.

I have lost a few Amateur Radio Friends that were Elmers to me too.