ad: portazero-1

Testing e-mail notifications of threads I participate in

Discussion in 'Forum Test Area' started by 2E0ILY, Feb 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, That must be it. I did get that one.

I get conversation alert email anytime anyone posts.

N6QIC likes this.
  2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How about this one posting to everyone. Don, did you get an email message for this post?
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Chris, here are some settings for you to check.

KA9JLM likes this.
  4. KA9JLM

Yes I did get email for that one.

I also notice that I get alerts for all of them, But only email from some of them.

My mailbox should be full soon. :oops:
    N6QIC likes this.
  5. 2E0ILY

2E0ILY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the ongoing efforts. No notifications by e-mail for any preceding posts but thanks for trying. I triple checked the relevant boxes are ticked and stay ticked as in the screen shot. I Googled "no e-mail notifications" and the type of software this forum runs on. Seems some fairly recent update broke something beyond my understanding, but some settings can be changed at the server side to fix this. I have to conclude something in the forum software at is bust! :) A UK forum had the same issue, running the same forum software, they fixed it, but it gave many users the same symptoms, no e-mail notifications of replies to threads started or participated in. I'd ask what they did but they don't like me as the mods and I have polar political views In fact there's a massive thread running about guns in the USA, despite us in the UK having enough problems of our own right now. I stuck my head over the parapet and supported your right in law to bear arms. Big mistake, asking what they did to fix the forum is a waste of time, I feel it in my water <LOL>
  6. KA9JLM

This is a sign that you should be working on race cars and racing, Instead of playing on QRZ.

Blessing in disguise.

Enjoy the race season. I wish you luck.
    N6QIC likes this.
  7. 2E0ILY

2E0ILY Ham Member QRZ Page

XenForo forum suggests this as a possible solution, seems a common problem!

"well, you need to go to the userĀ“s profile-page in ACP and click onto button "Save User" for him.
    I have tested and checked this for more than 6 hours when I discovered the issue (as another user informed me that the system stopped sending notification e-mails to him) and this solved the issue for me." YMMV....

Possible to try this? Thanks