Suspected scammer posing as K3EY

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KD2OJV, Mar 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD2OJV

KD2OJV Ham Member QRZ Page

I suspect i am being scammed by someone posing as K3EY. Shortly after i made an offer for a youkits HB1B I recieved an email from kreliccurt649@gmail.com offering me a youkits HB1B at a reasonable price. Unfortunately i couldnt verify that email because K3EY does not list an email on his page. He then said he had too many pending transactions on his his buisness paypal and asked me to send money to his backup email tgadzy288@gmai.com. At this point i was susspicious and asked him to PM me on QRZ. After several email exchanges he told me he couldnt access his QRZ page until Monday. All too suspicous for me to send any money to him. BEWARE.

2. WA3LKN

WA3LKN Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KD2OJV

I saw that. He is using a different email than the one i was corresponding with. I tried to pm him but was unable to.

4. KD2OJV

I spoke with the real K3EY today over email. He confirmed that he did not contact me with any offer. It was infact a scammer using his callsign. BEWARE OF ANY EMAIL WITH OFFERS THAT ARE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good thing you didn't send him any money. Your new friend, posing as K3EY, is really Tariq DanBaba Gadzy, who lives in Abuja, Nigeria.

KB3VWG and AD6BT like this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Another great example of why QRZ sellers should have their "selling" email listed on their QRZ profile page, and buyers should never buy from any seller not using that exact email.

Too many crooks out there

Dave
    W7UUU

KB3VWG, WB0MPB, AD6BT and 3 others like this.