Sunsets on Mars are Blue

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by KG6MZS, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KG6MZS

KG6MZS Premium Subscriber

2. KA5ROW

KA5ROW Ham Member

Very nice, that is one of the reasons why we must continue to explore Mars. Whether robotics or by man someday. Nothing wrong to see what is their.

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber

Maybe they're blue because they're sad. Looks lonely up there.

4. NA0AA

NA0AA Ham Member

Currently re-reading "Red Mars" by Kim Stanley Robinson, it's the first in a trilogy about the colonialzation and terraforming of Mars. Facinating read.

5. G8ADD

G8ADD Ham Member

I've read that one, some superb descriptive writing!

Brian G8ADD

6. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member

At least it doesn't get hot there.

7. NM7L

NM7L Ham Member

Send some men & technology up there, & in 2 million years or so - Martian Warming!

8. KK4AMP

KK4AMP Ham Member

I don't believe this. Someone send me there and I'll report in full.

9. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member

How about you and I go....
    lets take some really big antennas and since the FCC doesn't regulate communications there we will take a really big amplifier and we can send back slow scan images of the sunsets.

10. KK4AMP

KK4AMP Ham Member

It's a date! ;)

11. W7JZE

W7JZE QRZ Lifetime Member #84

If you're going to report via SSTV, at least ONE of you needs to bring a bikini!

It is mandatory for transmissions using that mode [​IMG].

12. KK4AMP

KK4AMP Ham Member

My god, man... I can't do that! Thiink of the children. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

13. N0WYO

N0WYO Ham Member

Toby, I was looking at your QRZ webpage and was about to read your bio, and for some reason my eyes stuck on, "I've been in over 2 dozen Jails"... :p

14. KK4AMP

KK4AMP Ham Member

...installing calltaking equipment for enhanced 911 systems. :p

15. W7JZE

W7JZE QRZ Lifetime Member #84

![​IMG] Now ^^ that right there ^^ is funny [​IMG]!

16. N0SYA

N0SYA Ham Member

A few years of terraforming, then the surprising find of alien spacecraft, some face huggers, and we have the makings of a good scifi movie series.

17. KK4AMP

KK4AMP Ham Member

...Prometheus, are you seeing this?...

18. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member

We have to send a ham so somebody can finally claim the Elser-Mathes Cup.

73 de Jim, N2EY

19. NA0AA

NA0AA Ham Member

What the heck does a JAIL need with a 911 system? [I know all about panic systems]

I've been in a couple dozen jails myself, from Colorado to California and from near mexico to near Canada. Inmates all over the west eat thanks to me. We have probably crossed paths at one project meeting or another.

I did see a couple of guys not get out when they thought they would. Should have paid those tickets, they should have!

20. KK4AMP

KK4AMP Ham Member

Inmates don't need it. I dunno how it is out west, but in lower population areas of the east and mid-west, dispatch centers are often co-located with city and county lockups, so the phones and ANI/ALI display stuff goes in there... unless the EMS/Fire folks win the battle for control of consolidated dispatch... or if nobody wins said battle, and then there are multiple call taking locations for the same area of service... wasteful but it happens.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.