ad: vanity

Suggestions for new 440 Mhz Vertical Omni.

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by K5AHH, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: L-rfparts
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-Waters
  1. K5AHH

K5AHH Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

--Hi, all. I am wanting to have 440 FM capabilities at my home, and I am in need of a good quality, high-gain vertical omni antenna. The antenna I use for 2 meter FM is the Hustler G7-144, and it has performed better than any other 2 meter vertical I have used. I was hoping Hustler made a G7-440, but they don't. However, they make a G6-440. For the people that have used this antenna and compared them to other mono band 440 verticals, what is your opinion of the G6-440? Are there better made, higher gain amateur antennas out there? I should say that I am not looking for the really expensive brands like Decibel, Sinclair, etc., but mainly "amateur grade" antennas/price range. Thanks for any help.
  2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The G6-440 is a very good antenna, I've used them a lot.

Of course a used Stationmaster (now RFS, previously Celwave, and before that Phelps-Dodge -- but it's all the same antenna) is better, as well as a bit larger and heavier.

The 440 MHz 4-dipole arrays (and also available as 8-dipole and 16-dipole arrays, if you have the vertical space) are excellent.
  3. KH2G

KH2G Ham Member QRZ Page

My suggestion is use the antenna handbook. The dimensions for 440 antennas are nice and small making them a great learning tool.
  4. N3JBH

N3JBH Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with WIK array's are awesome on this band for FM stuff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.