SUCCI interface

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KG7WGX, Sep 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I stumbled across this reference for a "Simple USB CW and CAT Interface" -

http://www.kotarov.com/projects/succi

I believe he has sold a couple hundred units. At under $40, it looks interesting.

It provides no audio interfacing at all. The user has to have something else to do this, if he is using audio for digital mode modulation. What it does provide is a USB - serial converter, with RTS and DTR "brought out" to drive typical radio PTT and KEY inputs, in addition to TXD, RXD and GND for the CAT connection.

This could provide the missing control and CAT signals for those who are struggling to get a SignaLink to do more than it was designed to do.

Does anyone know any more about this?

SUCCI with case.jpg

HB9CSM likes this.
  2. HB9CSM

HB9CSM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,
    I used 3 interfaces SUCCI for Icom 756pro3, Icom 725 and FT847 since about 10 yars with WIN XP and all was ok. However, when I would use it with my new WIN10, the CAT is out.
    I use it with UCX Log programm and it show that for these 3 interfaces the COM are differents (COM4,COM5 and COM6).
    You must control that speed is identical for rig and for log programm, who is used.

vy 73

Yvan HB9CSM

3. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I purchased a SUCCI box and got it to work with a KX3, with Win7. I did have to fabricate a "Y" cable so I could get both audio and PTT into a TRRS for the MIC jack and another to convert RCA to TRS for the KEY jack.

I'm using CWGet / CWType and TrueTTY, all of which use Omni-Rig. I'm using isolation transformers and the laptop's sound card for the audio I/O. The SUCCI box, transformers and cables all fit in a little zip nylon bag which packs up well for traveling.

Also, the SUCCI's serial port is compatible with Elecraft's KX3 Utility, so I don't have to switch to an Elecraft USB cable to use that software.

Other than having to make cables, I didn't really have any trouble with getting this to work.

The SUCCI manufacturer had a driver which could be downloaded if the user had trouble. You could try this if you are having trouble with Win10.