Subscription fees

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N2EIK, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WD0MYM

WD0MYM Ham Member QRZ Page

Fees

I look forward to the day I can upload my entire log. I think I look at this as somewhat of a backup log, although I take care of backups by using E-Mail.

I find the individual callsign pages interesting, I enjoy the pictures, bio's etc. I enjoy the pages especially for the dx stations, some of which have wonderful links to websites that they have created.

I have no problem supporting such a great website such as this. If you don't have the money to do that, thats O.K. too, or if you do have the money and don't want to support it, still O.K.

Not to change the subject, I don't understand why you need any security measures at all with LOTW, EQSL, etc., outside of protecting the individuals personal info. I could care less if anyone fakes 50 for WAS or 100 for DXCC. It has no bearing on me because I know I earned it (well, am working on it). Instead of going to all that trouble the ARRL should offer a class of awards on the honor system and charge $50.00 for them. Everyone wins that way; the ARRL gets $50, idiot gets a picture on the wall! I'm trying to be funny, but I will never understand why someone would do that. I kind of equate this with some of the baseball players that needed that extra oomph. They have the nice car, house and wife. They still have to look themselves in the mirror.

Keep up the good work!

Jon
    WD0MYM

2. KQ7W

KQ7W Ham Member QRZ Page

try this one..

http://wd5eae.org/Software.html

I use it, and upload automatically to LOTW ever 15 minutes.. all automated with HRD.

best -

3. KQ7W

KQ7W Ham Member QRZ Page

oops someone beat me to it..I didnt see that post.

anyway with HRDU you can have seamless and automated upload to LOTW, eQSL and HRD log , works 100% here

best -

4. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I made 3365 QSOs while operating as 8P9RY in March.

43% of these QSOs have been confirmed via LotW.

Do you consider that a low confirmation rate?

So far, 6.5% of these QSOs have been confirmed by QSL card. In a year or so, QSL cards will begin arriving via the bureau...

Dave, AA6YQ

5. WB4IUY

WB4IUY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm already a paying subscriber to QRZ for the online callsign database interface to my logging program (ACLog). I'll be standing in line to subscribe & pay fo QRZog if there's an additional charge beyond what I already pay, especially for the awards program...it's just a part of ham radio I enjoy.

I already upload to LOTW, eQSL, and HRDlog...and will do so here as well. Their confirmation count is a bit lower on LOTW & eQSL than I expected. I think it's the difficulty people have with LOTW, and the issue with so many non-AG members on eQSL (they're not valid for awards). I think an advantage QRZ may have would be where all users' contacts are valid for awards (Q's uploaded by free or subscribing members), so any paying subscriber can utilize them for awards. I already have WAS on several bands,/modes, DXCC on several bands/modes withabout 235 countries...yet I only have the basic DXCC mixed with ARRL (122 countries on LOTW), about 90 countries mixed with eQSL, and _no_ WAS with either. SO, based on the cost of postage, it's still the best way to fly for me.

Just my $01 worth :)
    Dave WB4IUY
    www.WB4IUY.net

6. K4RKY

K4RKY Ham Member QRZ Page

As a (makes me feel cheap!) free user, You can only view the last ten entries, the rest are gone from your view for good. that is not what the general users expected. Very disappointed here.:cool:
    It is a very good idea and it is easy to maneuver and correct/adjust logs but...

7. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

The economy is bad because people arent spending money.

A message like this and some others in this thread come across as a very selfish attitude, as SINCE IM A HAM, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY MUCH FOR ANYTHING.

Some people like to be compensated for their work. I'm one of the few who knows what the QRZ revenue stream is because Fred and I talked a couple years ago when he was trying to sell QRZ and I was looking at buying it. He and I both understood this is more of a labor of love than a profit center, by far.

So you complain about spending another 8.2 cents a day? How cheap is that?

Yes, software people like Fred, Dave(eqsl), Paul (DX4Win) and I like to be compensated for our work, and Fred has created the FIRST cloud computing logbook. And it is a deal and a half. It is not just a paper chaser QSL award logbook, but much much more, you have all your contacts in real time...HERE!

For their awards, eQsl is a $30 donation and it takes about $30 for LOTW to send you a certificate.

So you want the economy to get better, start spending money and that how the economy works.. people spend money, jobs get created, more money is spent, more jobs are created etc etc.

Rick - W4PC

8. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I did not pay for LoTW certificate - but who paid $30?

9. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

If you want a printed DXCC certificate, it goes like this. This is my last application cost.

Application Fee $12.00
    LoTW Payment Credit Fee $4.50
    Certificates Fee $12.00
    Total $28.50

Yes, I am an ARRL member. This is for my 20 meter DXCC award.

10. KT7DAD

KT7DAD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think Frank would attract more users, and make the logbook more popular if he reduced his fees.
    He may even make more money of that as many more would be able to subscribe.
    It is better to make 25 cent than not making $1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.