Subscription fees

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N2EIK, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N2EIK

N2EIK Ham Member QRZ Page

Can’t see myself paying for QRZ logbook features. Sorry, bad economy, another $30 a year isn’t going to happen. eqsl is almost free. I paypal them a dollar or two now and again, I can live with that. LoTW is more or less "free", I want to be a league member, there are a lot of benefits of being a member and I get a nifty magazine once a month to boot!

2. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You don't have to pay to use the logbook. There are additional features that subscribers will have but it will be available for all.

3. N2EIK

Yes I understand "basic" is free. Who in their right mind wants to type an entire logbook into QRZ log, upload will be a paid subscription.

4. KT7DAD

KT7DAD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

eQSL got the point, and hopefully make decent money.
    It is better to pocket $5, than not pocket $30....

Not only more money, but more users, that make the log more attractive.

Problem with LoTW and eQSL is that both have a low confirmation rate, because of to few users.
    I should have my WAS now, but I have not enough "confirmations" on LoTW or eQSL....

I upload to both from HRD, witch also automatically take frequency, time and mode from the radio, if I am on PSK31 it also grab the call sign and auto upload when I send my final....

I upload to LoTW only once a month, it is just to inconvenient to use, ARRL have confused inconvenience with security.

5. N2EIK

Yes I concur.

6. K2DSL

Until Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) supports LoTW upload/download then I would suggest you head over to WD5EAE's web site at http://wd5eae.org/Software.html and download Ham Radio Deluxe Utilities (HRDU) and it provides a single click upload/download to LoTW. In fact, if you set it to auto update it's a no-click upload to LoTW so as you add contacts it uploads it at whatever interval you specify.

No reason to claim any inconvenience with HRDU.

7. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Most security measures are inconvenient. Even if they are not all that good.
    Take going to the airport these days for instance!!

8. KJ6FQZ

KJ6FQZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Question, How can I list all my Contacts? I just see the last ones and
    there is no way to scroll down to see all of them......
    :):confused: I'm just a Rookie, so be nice.....

9. K2DSL

If you click the Logbook button on the right half of the banner bar which goes across the QRZ pages when you are logged in, it will take you to your logbook. By default, it shows the last 15 records logged (I think) but you can control what you see there. On the left part of that page are options for displaying what order and how many records per page. As an example you can set the Order By to be QSO Date - newest first and then set the Display drop-down to be 50 lines per page.

If you have more records then you see on a page, the top part of the left panel has VCR like icons to move to the next page, the last page, previous page and first page.

Does that help?

10. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

I see my last ten contacts, but as far as I can tell, there's no way for a non-subscriber to view their entire log.

If this takes off, I'll still be happy to confirm QSO's with people who want them for awards, if I can do so at no cost. But I'm unlikely to participate very much if I have to pay to view my own log.

Maybe I'm just cheaper than most. But it seems to me that for something like this to work, there has to be a large user base. And I doubt if it's going to attract a large user base if people have to pay for basic functions.

It seems to me that if it can get a lot of free users, then quite a few of those free users will convert to paying subscribers at such time as they are eligible for an award. But if basic functionality is limited, then I don't see the value in participating in the first place.

I don't say this to nitpick. I'm just pointing out MHO that it doesn't seem to give me $30 per year of value, and I suspect most hams will see it the same way. But I've been wrong before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.